mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern Chain"

Posted on: April 30, 2009 @ 10:26 PM
fido94
Total Posts:  62
Joined  08-04-2002

I have pattern sections that switch time signature between 2/4 and 4/4. When I try to create a pattern chain, motif enforce a 4/4 timing which causes the pattern section of 2/4 to loop until a full 4/4 measure is complete and finally, it switches to the new section.

Any thoughts on how I can get around this? can I set the pattern chain to be 2/4?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2009 @ 08:06 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In MIDI protocol a SONG is defined as a linear structure where each measure is defined as to time signature.

When you are putting Sections together in the PATTERN CHAIN function of the Motif, you will notice that each measure of the CHAIN can be defined as to time signature. You do not give us the exact layout of your measure structure, but you can go in and change the time signature of each measure as necesssary.

It is also possible to copy measures… for example, if you need 12 measures of 2/4 time you can change one measure to 2/4 and copy it 11 times.

In this manner you can instruct the Motif how many measures of each Section to play. Simply highlight the Time Signature parameter and change it where you require.

From the main PATTERN screen
Press [F6] CHAIN
Press [EDIT] to view your Chain as an Event List
The data is listed in three columns: MEASURE number/ Time Signature / Section

If your Section B is 2/4 and it occurs at measure 13, simply use the [>>] Fast Forward button to advance to measure 013, move the cursor to highlight the Time Signature and change 4/4 to 2/4

Rinse and repeat as necessary. And as mentioned if you have a lot of measures to change - use the [F2] COPY JOB....

Now when you go to [F3] SONG and Convert the data to a linear SONG, the Motif will insert the proper measure structure for your SONG.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2009 @ 05:57 PM
fido94
Total Posts:  62
Joined  08-04-2002

WOW! This did the trick. THANK YOU!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOtif 7 Screen went blank!
Next Topic:

Motif and Logic Pro ››