mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording Vocals on a Song"

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 02:29 PM
julkeys
Total Posts:  24
Joined  01-07-2009

I have a MOtif Classic which I’ve created a song on.  I’ve added two tracks of vocals to this song.  The first track is a ‘scratch track’ of a main vocal.  The second is backup vocals which were recorded using the scratch track as a guide.  When I save this song do both vocal tracks get saved on the save wav file?  If I want to now removed the scratch track vocal how would I go about doing this so it is not saved in the Wav file and reloaded into memory each time I load the song. Bascially I’m trying to save memory so I can load other samples into my Motif at the same time for performances? I’ve had trouble in the past with tracks containing samples.  I deleted the track and cleared memory, but the wav file still continued to save with the song.  The only way I found around it was to go into job mode and delete the wav file before saving.  IN this case I don’t think that will work since it looks like both vocals are saved on the same wav file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2009 @ 05:19 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Two recordings will create two separate bits audio in the Motif. Go to [INTEGRATED SAMPLING]

You should be able to find your audio in WAVEFORMS… without knowing how you setup to record… you either placed the samples on two separate keys of the same WAVEFORM you placed them both on C3 in two separate WAVEFORMS.

EIther way, figure out what you did and delete the one you don’t want

DELETE is [JOB]
There is a KEYBANK DELETE Job and there is a WAVE DELETE Job.

If you recorded the samples on two separate keys of the same WAVEFORM use the KEYBANK DELETE Job, if you recorded two separate WAVEFORMS use the WAVE DELETE Job.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Effects on Voice in Performance
Next Topic:

At wits end trying to set up zones ! ››