mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif and Logic Pro"

Posted on: April 30, 2009 @ 10:29 PM
fido94
Total Posts:  62
Joined  08-04-2002

Folks, I would like to record my song tracks to Logic Pro and as audio tracks.

What can I do to make sure that Logic Pro starts recording when I hit the play button in Motif? can you please walk me through the steps necessary?

If Logic Pro had a trigger recording based on audio input, that would have resolved the issue but it doesn’t look like it has that feature.

Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2009 @ 07:54 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You need to sync the two sequencers via MIDI clock. In general, you will be setting Logic as the master clock and the Motif as the slave to that clock.

I am not an Logic Pro user but here is what you will want to look up in your Logic documentation:

_ How to activate standard MIDI clock
_ How to send that MIDI clock out on the port feeding your Motif
_ Set the tempo of your Logic project to the tempo of your song.

On the Motif side here is what you need to setup:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] MIDI
Press [Sf3] SYNC
Set the MIDI SYNC = MIDI
Set SEQ CTRL = IN

MIDI SYNC will allow the Motif to follow (slave to) Logic at the tempo set in your software and the SEQ CTRL will allow the Motif to start and stop when you start/stop Logic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2009 @ 09:04 AM
fido94
Total Posts:  62
Joined  08-04-2002

This works great, thanks a LOT for the advice and help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2009 @ 11:07 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Another potential way of achieving the same outcome is to save your sequence as a MIDI file (.SMF) then load this file into Logic. Logic is then the MIDI sequencer with the Motif just acting as the tone generator - no MIDI sync required cos all the midi is in the same sequencer to which the audio is destined!!

This also enables you to choose to take the midi song as a whole piece or take it in sections, or even record each track at a time.

Just a thought - hope it helps

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pattern Chain
Next Topic:

AutoLoad And Samples ››