mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES and Cubase 5 integration"

Posted on: April 13, 2009 @ 12:09 PM
acidjules
Total Posts:  4
Joined  04-08-2009

Hello, I can’t get the right configuration between those two machines. C5 doesn’t have the Motif in its list so I tried to add my synth manually and it still doens’t work.

The midi connection is USB, I think I need Studio Manager to get a perfect result but still difficult for me to set it up.

What is the trick ?

If anyone can help please.

Bog

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 09:16 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
acidjules - 13 April 2009 12:09 PM

Hello, I can’t get the right configuration between those two machines. C5 doesn’t have the Motif in its list so I tried to add my synth manually and it still doens’t work.

The midi connection is USB, I think I need Studio Manager to get a perfect result but still difficult for me to set it up.

What is the trick ?

If anyone can help please.

Bog

You should at first install Cubase device file (XML) and patchscript file (txt) in order to have communication between Cubase and ES. I have attached ZIP file with two folders in it, one with patch file and another with XML file. Both files are with short guides how to install it. Also, you should define Yamaha-USB-MIDI driver as your in/out in Cubase’s Device setup.
If you want to use Studio Manager, be sure to download the latest version (2.3), since previous versions could not work with Cubase 5 (I’ve read it somewhere).
Since I’m still with Cubase SX 3.11 version and would like to upgrade to ver. 5, please share your experience (after this fix-up).

Alex

File Attachments
Cubase&ES.zip  (File Size: 89KB - Downloads: 590)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2009 @ 01:33 PM
acidjules
Joined  04-08-2009

thank you Alex, I’m on my way to fix this up and of course, I’ll be back if my experience can help.

one more question, do I really need Studio manager, I don’t think so, all I want is to have my 16 separate midi channels working fine with recall of each sound in each track when I open my my song file.

:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2009 @ 05:31 PM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007
acidjules - 22 April 2009 01:33 PM

thank you Alex, I’m on my way to fix this up and of course, I’ll be back if my experience can help.

one more question, do I really need Studio manager, I don’t think so, all I want is to have my 16 separate midi channels working fine with recall of each sound in each track when I open my my song file.

:-)

The main feature of Studio Manager is Total recall. What that mean? For instance you have 16 MIDI channels with predefined voice for each track. If you set your mix in Studio Manager / Multi editor, than it is enough to open saved Cubase project and switch to Song or Pattern mode in Motif. Studio manager will “ask” you during project loading do you wish to transmitt mix settings to/from hardware. So, to conclude: with only one mouse click you will have mix transmitted to Motif. And be sure that it is much easier to set mix on computer since you have larger and color display. Also, you could save a several mix files on computer for the same song. Nice when composing.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2009 @ 07:22 PM
acidjules
Joined  04-08-2009

thank you Alex,so I need studio manager for my main purpose, composing.

regarding the set up with the zipfile you sent to me, it seems to work very well, Cubase 5 recognizes everything but I think I made one mistake somewhere, maybe the motif script install.

When I follow each step till the “track info opening” one, then i am supposed to go to “instrument” and find “set up instrument” but I can’t find this in C5, same for “patchname source” so I can’t finish the process with the “. txt” file and actibe bow etc, that may explains.

What do you think ?

Bog

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2009 @ 06:13 AM
nbadesign
Joined  08-20-2007
acidjules - 22 April 2009 07:22 PM

thank you Alex,so I need studio manager for my main purpose, composing.

regarding the set up with the zipfile you sent to me, it seems to work very well, Cubase 5 recognizes everything but I think I made one mistake somewhere, maybe the motif script install.

When I follow each step till the “track info opening” one, then i am supposed to go to “instrument” and find “set up instrument” but I can’t find this in C5, same for “patchname source” so I can’t finish the process with the “. txt” file and actibe bow etc, that may explains.

What do you think ?

Bog

You could also do this through MIDI Device Manager you could find in Devices menu. Select installed Motif device and press Open device button. Than select Patch banks from drop-down menu and find your installed patches.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2009 @ 02:47 PM
acidjules
Joined  04-08-2009

Hello Alex,

well, though I couldn’t fix everything perfectly, it seems to work anyway. This is how I finally managed to get “some kind of recall”, I explain.

I use Studio manager and multipart editor in Cubase 5 with a synchronization when I open, then I select my sounds in the editor and my motif is set on “song”. Then I save my multipart editor file, everything is fine so far, I close C5 to test the recall.

But when I open C5 again to recall this file, it appears visually fine (my sounds are saved and written correctly) but it doesn’t play the right sounds, so I have to click again on each sound for each track in the editor, and then, incredible, they’re back.

Actually it doesn’t take long so this is a very little wonder as it works well in the end. Many thanks to you magic Alex anyway.

;-)

bog

[ Ignore ]