mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sequencer Memory Full"

Posted on: April 18, 2009 @ 11:38 PM
VilleFan1
Total Posts:  29
Joined  02-24-2005

I have 33 Songs on my USB port. I am trying to lay down some tracks but am getting this error. My question is:

1. are there phrases that are unused, meaning still being loaded but not being played in the song, that I need to delete? How do I delete these? For example if I do some piano stuff and then hit Replace and play the piano again, is that first phrase I didn’t use still being saved? Is that what I need to delete? All the tracks I have playing right now I want to keep.

Thanks,

VF1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2009 @ 08:20 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
VilleFan1 - 18 April 2009 11:38 PM

I have 33 Songs on my USB port. I am trying to lay down some tracks but am getting this error. My question is:

1. are there phrases that are unused, meaning still being loaded but not being played in the song, that I need to delete? How do I delete these? For example if I do some piano stuff and then hit Replace and play the piano again, is that first phrase I didn’t use still being saved? Is that what I need to delete? All the tracks I have playing right now I want to keep.

Thanks,

VF1

The only way is to load your file not as ALLSONG, but as a Song. Than you could load one or several songs before you receive Sequencer full error. It should not take a lot of time to unload song from sequencer and load another, unless you have samples.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2009 @ 10:41 AM
miket156
Total Posts:  148
Joined  06-28-2004

33 songs is a lot. I would split the All Song file into two or more. I don’t know if you play professionally, but I doubt that you would play 33 songs without a break.

As Alex suggested, you can load individual songs from your current All Song file to the sequencer when you turn your ES on and the sequencer memory is empty.  Load one song at a time and then save the songs with a different All Song name.

99% of my material for LIVE use is sequenced songs. Typically, I will have anywhere from 12 to 17 songs in an All Song file. That usually gives me about an hour of non-stop music, depending on the length and complexity of each song. I’m usually left with about 10 to 15% of the sequencer memory available to edit and finalize songs. I try to avoid going over 800k in each all song file so it leaves me enough room to make changes.

Keep in mind that any controllers you use when recording (pitch wheel, etc)are recorded on the tracks along with the music. You can check each song one at a time and purge each track of unnecessary data. However, the main problem sounds like you are putting too many songs in one All Song file.

Mike T.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 20, 2009 @ 12:12 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

I keep all versions of just 1 song in 1 ALLSONG file for development purposes only.

I understand that some people want all their songs
in one ALLSONG file so they can ‘play’ up to 64 songs
by a press of a button.

... some experts will say that playing along with the sequencer
for an audience is a mild form of cheating.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Transpose Button on a Motif ES7 ??
Next Topic:

Adding Sonar8 - What else will I need? ››