mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How can i export quickly my stuff in cubase?"

Posted on: April 12, 2009 @ 05:40 AM
Tundo91
Total Posts:  10
Joined  02-21-2009

Hi, please could someone teach me how to exoport my stuff in cubase quickly?
At the moment i follow these steps:
- put SOLO in the Midi track (one a time)
- new wave track and enable the writing
- press Rec on cubase

so i can rec one track a time and this takes a lot of times!
There is another way? Maybe using the digital output wich do the work automatically?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 12, 2009 @ 08:59 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If you are attempting to record separate AUDIO tracks for each MIDI track, then, one-at-a-time is the way to do it.

In order to transmit multiple tracks of audio from a keyboard to Cubase (and keep each one separate) you would need to have a Motif XS with firewire… this gives you 16 audio outputs from the Motif XS to your computer via firewire.

If you are attempting to record separate MIDI tracks to Cubase, you can do that - but it is not clear what it is you are doing exactly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 13, 2009 @ 10:43 AM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

You can record multiple tracks of MIDI at once… that will at least speed up MIDI recording. much faster than one at a time!

Just make sure your tracks are assigned to correct channel, which they should be by default if you are in pattern or song mode

You can then record MIDI all at once on one MIDI track in Cubase. When that’s finished you can split the one track into separate MIDI tracks in Cubase by using the MIDI “Dissolve Part” command in Cubase. I just learned that myself.

maybe there is a way to simultaneously record separate MIDI channels to separate MIDI tracks in Cubase, but I don’t know how

With Audio, best you can do is one at a time. Unless you have an XS with firewire like BM is talking about.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 08:46 AM
Tundo91
Joined  02-21-2009

I have a motif MO6 connected via usb and i record the trakcks one a time with a normal soundboard…
so the only way is export one a time okok

thanks a lot

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2009 @ 09:08 PM
normanb
Total Posts:  103
Joined  12-29-2006

If you are recording midi sequences you can send each track to Cubase on a separate track and midi channel using a Cubase input filter:

For each midi track in CubaseLE use the “input transformer” (squiggly line) to filter out all midi channels but one. For example, on Cubase midi track one be sure “module one” is checked, click “active module one” box, and for “mode” select “filter”. Add a line in the upper “filter target” box that should read “(filter target)channel....(condition)unequal....(parameter)1”. Repeat this for as many channels as you want (unequal = 2,3, etc).

No way around it for MO8 audio though, however you could use the midi tracks to trigger a VST instrument for audio instead of the MO8, then you should be able to capture all midi tracks as audio with one play through.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 08:45 PM
528alb
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-03-2007

Ok, I’m a little lost with this one, but it’s EXACTLY what I need to know! LOL

I got a M06, and I’m trying to figure the fastest way to get tracks into Cubase. I figured out how to save the MIDI to flash drive, and pull it up in Cubase, but there was the issue of not having the same sounds in Cubase as I have in the M06. So, I need to re-read these posts, but if anyone can help me understand what I need to get it done. I’m a “newbie” at all this! LOL

Oh, I’m using Cubase LE

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2009 @ 08:39 AM
Tundo91
Joined  02-21-2009

You have to connect via USB or Midi MO and PC, then, you UTILITY you set SYNC = USB(or midi), and MIDI IN/OUT = MIDI .
i’m not sure 100% but after this you can use the CUbase sequencer

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can I use a sustain pedal?
Next Topic:

Changing tracks in SONG mode ››