mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Where are all the Motif Classic users?"

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 02:57 AM
JohnCota
Total Posts:  39
Joined  12-16-2004

Are there any other Motif Classic forums around anywhere that get more action than this one? This one seems kind of dead lately. Surely there must be a lot of Motif Classic users out there somewhere. Have they all moved on to ES and XS? I’ve posted several questions and nobody seems to be interested in replying. For example, surely someone knows of a Rush Subdivisions sound on the Classic - wouldn’t ya think?

Just curious if everyone left to go somewhere else and I missed the boat.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2009 @ 03:45 PM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Did you post your question on this in the ‘sounds’ section?

Might get some responses there.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 10:32 AM
scotch
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  08-14-2005

This entire site is a bit slow right now.

For example, surely someone knows of a Rush Subdivisions sound on the Classic - wouldn’t ya think?

I’ve been using my Motif8 pretty much daily for maybe six years now, and I don’t recall this sound. Sorry.

Edit: I looked at the posting to which you evidently refer. Presumably you mean “surely someone knows of a ‘Classic’ preset that is like a sound used in the Rush song ‘Subdivisions’”. I’m not familiar with the song, and I can’t stand the group (nor can I stand Journey or Heart or any of that awful mid-seventies sludge). I may be atypical in this regard, but I certainly hope not. Anyway, it seems to me you’re expecting quite a bit from a fairly specialized request. I think Wellie is right about trying the Sounds forum. What you really should do is get an idea how the sound is constructed in general and then build your own approximation (on whatever instrument you happen to have available).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2009 @ 12:11 AM
jama777
Total Posts:  10
Joined  08-04-2008

Does anybody do any sampling on theer Motif classic?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ What are the advantages to moving up from the Classic?
Next Topic:

Pitchbend Offset???? ››