mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "no inserts on track 9-16"

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 11:01 AM
ryan777
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-21-2005

Hey peeps
I was just recording a new pattern when for some reason tracks 9-16 have all gone quiet. After further investigation I hear that it is now happening to every pattern. I have tried to restart and/or reload everything but its happening all the time.  I just tried a factory reset and that didnt work.  It sounds and acts like tracks 9-16 are lacking insert effects, but i wasnt using any on tracks 1-8. Most instruments sound better on tracks 1-8 because they have the insert switch on standard, whereas guitars and other instruments are half the volume on tracks 9-16.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 03:00 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

By “gone quiet” do you mean that the volumes of tracks 9-16 have all been reduced to zero? You then go on to say that you have no insert effects on tracks 9-16. This is confusing.

You can have a maximum of 8 tracks with their insert effects switched on in a mix. Any 8 will do - it can be tracks 1-4 and then
12-16, for example, or 1 thru 8, or 9 thru 16. Whatever combination, as long as it is 8.

If tracks 9-16 are resetting their volume levels to zero, that is
another issue, having to do with controller 7 or controller 11
values inserted within the MIDI data for each of those tracks.

To keep things set the way you want them in a mix, you must STORE
your mix each time you do any changes to it. And then save as an ALL file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 03:43 PM
ryan777
Joined  08-21-2005

By gone quiet i mean about the volume has come down about half.

I wasnt using any insert effects just recording voices into a new pattern but when i got to voice 9 it was half the volume of the track before, which was the same instrument. Whichever tracks have the insert switch on sound normal, and those with it off sound dull and like they are missing parts of the voice.

My concern is that it has nothing to do with my stored or saved data. This problem has suddenly affected everything, even the patterns on the demo startup. I am trying to record the 2coilamp2 guitar and without the insert switch on I can barely hear it. Guitar sounds are most affected but every instrument sounds bigger if you have the insert switch on, but there is only 8 for 16 tracks. Is this just normal or have I hit a switch without knowing it because this just started today. I have taken out my usb drive and factory reset it and its still the same even on a stock startup. The sounds that are ok are the percussion. Everything with insert switch on sounds big and bright and those without sound dull and quiet…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 09:47 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
ryan777 - 03 April 2009 03:43 PM

By gone quiet i mean about the volume has come down about half.

I wasnt using any insert effects just recording voices into a new pattern but when i got to voice 9 it was half the volume of the track before, which was the same instrument. Whichever tracks have the insert switch on sound normal, and those with it off sound dull and like they are missing parts of the voice.

My concern is that it has nothing to do with my stored or saved data. This problem has suddenly affected everything, even the patterns on the demo startup. I am trying to record the 2coilamp2 guitar and without the insert switch on I can barely hear it. Guitar sounds are most affected but every instrument sounds bigger if you have the insert switch on, but there is only 8 for 16 tracks. Is this just normal or have I hit a switch without knowing it because this just started today. I have taken out my usb drive and factory reset it and its still the same even on a stock startup. The sounds that are ok are the percussion. Everything with insert switch on sounds big and bright and those without sound dull and quiet…

Well actually that makes perfect sense. Especially if the sounds
in use are guitars, or use amp simulators or EQ or compressor boosts.

Here’s how to check it - turn off the insert effect switches for
the first 8 tracks, and turn them on for tracks 9-16. If the result
is “wimpy” levels for tracks 1-8,and louder levels for 9-16 that should confirm that there is nothing wrong with your Motif, it is just that the insert effects are providing the “beef”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 17, 2009 @ 07:11 AM
ryan777
Joined  08-21-2005

Thanks Dave your a life saver..

I realise now I am a newbie but this website and Dave your quick reply have just saved the future of my music career. I have got it all sussed out now and sounding better than ever. Thanks again bro

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Creating User Drum Kits
Next Topic:

Motif as master but also as midi controller ››