mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bouncing Tracks (Internal Logic Drum Loops/Audio and External Motif XS6 Keyboard"

Posted on: April 15, 2009 @ 08:47 PM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

I have a sequence with one Audio Drum Loop (internal software library Logic sound) and 3 external midi instrument tracks (using a Yamaha Motif XS6).

It is my understanding that if I use the Bounce feature of Logic Pro 8, and check the box for realtime mode INSTEAD OF offline mode that my bounce audio should include both my internal drum loop (that is in the Logic Pro 8 Library) and my external Yamaha Keyboard XS6 audio as well This is not happening.  When I the bounce audio track and play it back all I am hearing is the drum loop, and not the keyboard tracks too.

I looked on page 605 of the user manual and it talks about using Realtime Mode when wanting to record external midi sound sources with audio and instrument tracks.  Where I am confused is it mentions routing midi sound sources to aux channels.  When I look at my mixer channel strips (the ones for my external midi) I don’t see a way to route the I/O (like you see with an audio track channel strip.  What am I not understanding?

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2009 @ 10:19 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Nosiree,
for external instrument tracks, they must be recorded as audio first. That will only work for software instruments and plug-ins…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 16, 2009 @ 10:02 AM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

The user manual for Logic Pro 8 sure does not make it very clear at all (having to record the external MIDI tracks as audio first).  They mention Aux audio strips, but that was unclear too.

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]