mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading MIDI FILES on MOTIF ES6/Voices are out of Order?"

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 05:03 PM
audiomatrix2006
Total Posts:  62
Joined  12-18-2007

I have a couple of MIDI FILE/songs that I am loading on my MOTIF ES6 via thumb drive.  When I play the MIDI files on Windows Media player the midi music files sound great. 

When I load the midi files on my motif ES_6 all the voices go all over the place.  In other words my sounds are loaded in the MOTIF but they are all out of order.  For eg.. instead of a guitar sound I get like a flute sound?  Doesnt sound at all like the midi file songs that I have played on my Windows media player.  How can I correct this on my MOTIF ES6?

Thanks for your Help
Audiomatrix

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 05:20 PM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

Are you sure they are GM files.  Perhaps the files were composed on a different instrument with different MIDI voice mappings.  You may want to pull the files into an editor like Sonar and see what they look like.  You can always correct the voices there and save to an new SMF file.

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 05:27 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Also, see Bad Mister’s Advice on Loading MIDI files into a Motif in the earlier incarnation of these forums.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2009 @ 10:24 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
audiomatrix2006 - 14 April 2009 05:03 PM

I have a couple of MIDI FILE/songs that I am loading on my MOTIF ES6 via thumb drive.  When I play the MIDI files on Windows Media player the midi music files sound great. 

When I load the midi files on my motif ES_6 all the voices go all over the place.  In other words my sounds are loaded in the MOTIF but they are all out of order.  For eg.. instead of a guitar sound I get like a flute sound?  Doesnt sound at all like the midi file songs that I have played on my Windows media player.  How can I correct this on my MOTIF ES6?

Thanks for your Help
Audiomatrix

Before you load MIDI file select empty song, go to Song/Mix/Job/Initialize and check GM (General MIDI) option. Then your voices will be correct. But always is better to load such a MIDI to some software (DAW, like Cubase, Logic, Sonar, etc.) and replace voices with Motif voices out of GM bank.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2009 @ 02:56 PM
audiomatrix2006
Total Posts:  62
Joined  12-18-2007

Hey Guys:

Want to thank MSR, B. Weber especially the Bad Mister Tutorial, and NBA Design importing MIDI is a new concept.  I cant believe it I am playing like a full band its awesome and energetic. 

Hey guys I will try all your recommendations and again thank to the badest dude Guru “Bad Mister” and his tutorial this dude always helps me out!!! Can someone send this KUDO to BAD MISTER???

Audiomatrix2006

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2009 @ 09:06 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You’re very welcome!

[ Ignore ]