mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording Internal Logic Software Drum Loop with external MIDI Motif XS6 Keyboard Audio"

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 09:43 AM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

I have a question about recording an audio track (call it Audio 2).  The tracks I want to record into Audio 2 track is an internal Logic Pro 8 software (from the library) audio drum loop track

What I am noticing is I am only hearing my 3 MIDI keyboard tracks audio coming into my Audio 2 track channel strip.  The software drum loop is not getting fed into the Audio 2 track at all.  The channel strip for my software drum loop is showing I/O input 1-2 and out 1-2 so I can not figure out why my Audio 2 channel strip is not hearing the software drum loop.  If I record the audio using Audio 2 track only the MIDI Yamaha Audio is getting recorded (so the internal software drum loop is getting left out).

What am I not doing right?

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 05:29 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Clarify what you want to do because, if it is a Green or Blue Apple Loop, you do not have to record it, you simply drag it into an audio track. Go to the Loop Browser and select the loop. Drag it on to an audio track in the arrange window.

Further explanation, Blue Apple Loops are audio loops and function only in audio tracks. Green Apple Loops are both contain both Audio and MIDI. When you drag it to a software instrument Track it functions as MIDI. When dragged to an Audio Track, it functions as audio...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 05:44 PM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

I was going to have it all recorded into one Stereo Track (Yamaha Motif XS Audio and the internal software tracks).

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 06:22 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

I’m sorry, but I’m still not quite following. If you have recorded the XS audio into Logic, you drag and arrange the audio drum loops, get a decent mix and bounce to stero mp4, mp3, wav, aiiff etc…

[ Ignore ]