mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Phil Spector convicted of murder"

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 11:00 AM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

See what 50 years of Rock ‘n Roll will do to you?

Bob

Image Attachments
phil_spector.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 11:12 AM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

My question is,"Why did it take so long for this”? I think there was a “Hung Jury” on the first trial,but I don’t get why they took so long for the retrial.

He did have a history of abuse of Ronnie Spector,his ex-wife and lead for The Ronettes. Seems he didn’t get quite as demonized as Ike Turner.

Sometimes the “Scales of Justice” do balance.
Just a thought..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 11:46 AM
MoGut
Total Posts:  1535
Joined  05-08-2004
Wastrel - 14 April 2009 11:00 AM

See what 50 years of Rock ‘n Roll will do to you?

Bob

He didnt look normal in his first year either :P

Image Attachments
PhilSpector.jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 12:23 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

When they make the movie, they can get Martin Short to play him.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 01:20 PM
jimandchris
Total Posts:  101
Joined  08-01-2002

What kind of gear will he be selling off?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 05:20 PM
scotch
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  08-14-2005

[TheDukester] My question is,"Why did it take so long for this”?

Why did it take six years? I don’t know, but I rather suspect it has a lot to do with money--the defendent’s. In this country the poor tend to be wrongly convicted and the rich wrongly acquited--or convicted only after a very long time.

I think there was a “Hung Jury” on the first trial....

Yes, I just checked. The original jury couldn’t reach a unanimous verdict. They gave up at ten to two in favor of conviction.

He did have a history of abuse of Ronnie Spector,his ex-wife and lead for The Ronettes. Seems he didn’t get quite as demonized as Ike Turner.

Until Clarkson’s death, it seems Spector’s history of abusive behavior was rarely talked about. John Lennon stopped using Spector after Spector hid tapes and waved a gun about during the recording of Rock and Roll. Too bad Lennon neglected to warn Leonard Cohen, who subsequently collaborated with Spector on Death of a Ladies’s Man. According to Cohen, Spector at one point held a gun to Cohen’s head and said, “You know I love you, Lenny, don’t you?” Cohen answered, “I sure hope so, Phil.”

Sometimes the “Scales of Justice” do balance.

We’ll never really know for sure whether Spector murdered Clarkson, but we can say with relative impunity that Clarkson isn’t coming back and that if Spector hadn’t been allowed to own guns she’d very likely still be alive.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ For fans of Jordan Rudess.... you’ll LOVE this
Next Topic:

Kurzweil PC3X ››