mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Best way to get complete song drum tracks into the ES so I can play along with it????"

Posted on: April 13, 2009 @ 10:31 PM
usedtoyman
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-25-2008

I’m very inexperienced with my Motif ES8 and have tried the CDs and reading the manual and I just don’t get it.  What is the best and easiest way to get a song’s drum track into the Motif so I can play along with it.  I play guitar, bass, and sing so I think if I could just get the drum track for a few songs in there I’d be set.  Can you suggest the best way?  I’m not above buying something, midi files maybe (don’t know what I’m saying really)...HELP!!!  ((FYI, I’ll be looking for Christian drum tracks))))

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 14, 2009 @ 10:44 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
usedtoyman - 13 April 2009 10:31 PM

I’m very inexperienced with my Motif ES8 and have tried the CDs and reading the manual and I just don’t get it.  What is the best and easiest way to get a song’s drum track into the Motif so I can play along with it.  I play guitar, bass, and sing so I think if I could just get the drum track for a few songs in there I’d be set.  Can you suggest the best way?  I’m not above buying something, midi files maybe (don’t know what I’m saying really)...HELP!!!  ((FYI, I’ll be looking for Christian drum tracks))))

Did you check Pattern mode and Phrase option? You have about 1700 phrases + ability to modify them using Loop Remix option? It’s easy to select empty track in Pattern mode, choose [F4] PATCH and assign preset phrase using jog dial. You have list of all phrases in Data List that came with your instrument or you could download this file at:
http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/motifese2.pdf
You could also check Internet where you could find a lot of MIDI files, than you could load them and clear all tracks except Drum track. There are lot of possibilities, but you should try some of them to see what is most convinient for you.

Alex

[ Ignore ]