mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Classic voices for Motif ES"

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 08:09 PM
usmmahnke
Total Posts:  14
Joined  02-15-2006

Hi,

I just sold my Motif Classic Rack and upgraded to the Es Rack and noticed that some of my favorite voices were missing. How and where do I get those? Is there a Motif Classic voice library that I load into my ES Rack? Please help.

Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 03:18 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

While I don’t have all of the Motif Rack voices in a format compatible with the Motif Rack ES, I do have all of the Motif (classic keyboard) voices in Motif Voice Editor format. The Motif Rack ES Voice Editor can load these voices and bulk transfer them to the rack unit. (Note that given difference in the tone generators and effects processors, that these voices may sound somewhat different on the Motif Rack ES than they did on the Motif classic.)

I’m also including a zip file that includes a wide variety of free voices in the Motif Classic voice editor format.

Enjoy,

Brad Weber

File Attachments
MotifVoices.zip  (File Size: 244KB - Downloads: 1075)
OtherVoices.zip  (File Size: 412KB - Downloads: 1021)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 05:01 PM
usmmahnke
Joined  02-15-2006

Brad,

Thank you very much. That’s great. I thought I had lost them all. You made my day.

Cheers,

Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 06:25 PM
usmmahnke
Joined  02-15-2006

Hi Brad,

I finally got to work with the Motif Voice Editor. I got the GM, Pre1-3 and User1 sounds for the classic from your .zip file. Do you have Pre4+5 and User2 as well. Also, I couldn’t open the w3e files, only the w2e. Weird. Thanks.

Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 06:31 PM
BradWeber
Joined  07-26-2002

The Motif Classic has only three preset voice banks (and the GM voice bank) as well as the factory default voices for the user voice bank. The Motif Rack does have 5 preset banks, but having never been the owner of the Motif Rack, I don’t have access to all the voices present in that instrument.

Sorry,

Brad

By the way, I was looking back through the archives and it turns out that most of the new sounds for the Motif Rack (the additional 256 voices not present in the Motif Classic) were taken from the three free banks (Bread&Butter;, Coffee and Dessert, Meat&Potatoes;) which are present in the second file I attached to my first post in this thread…

Brad ;^)

Also, the *.w3e files are really an artifact due to the file architecture of the Motif… all data files for the Motif come as pairs (*.w2x and *.w3x). Both must be present when loading data directly on the instrument, but when loading voice editor files into the Voice Editor running on a separate computer, all of the data required is present in the *.w2e file...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 07:27 PM
usmmahnke
Joined  02-15-2006

Thanks Brad,

I didn’t know the classic came only with 3 banks and you’re right the “other voices” sound banks are the ones that are in the Classic Rack.

Thanks,

Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 10, 2009 @ 09:59 PM
usmmahnke
Joined  02-15-2006

Brad,

I really hate to bother you again but do you have the Preset Banks 5 and 6 for ES? I have the S90es with only 4 Preset Banks. Or maybe you know where I can get those? Thanks.

Matt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2009 @ 11:05 AM
BradWeber
Joined  07-26-2002

Sorry, I don’t have those voice banks.

Brad :(

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording Help
Next Topic: