mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Creating performances on the MO8"

Posted on: April 09, 2009 @ 03:43 PM
jphelps
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-09-2009

Can anyone help out a newbie?

I usually play bass at my church, but this Sunday I’ll be filling in for our keyboard player on the MO8.  It’s been a while since I played synths, so I’m out of the loop on getting around on the board. 

What I would like to do is set up a performance with rhodes, piano, strings, and brass layered, with each assigned to one of the four faders so I can choose what I want to play and how much of each is heard on the song.  I’ve been surfing the net all day trying to find a good tutorial on this - can anyone either explain how to do it or point me in the direction of a tutorial that will show me how?

Thanks so much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2009 @ 03:52 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Check out this thread from the archives which describes setting up a two part performance. The information there can be easily extended to a 3 or 4 part performance. Also, note that while this thread speaks to setting up performances on the Motif Classic and Motif ES, it applies equally to the MO6/8.

(Also, note that this thread speaks of splitting the keyboard between two parts; you can also layer parts by setting the NoteLimits appropriately for each part.)

Check it out and if you have further questions, post them up here.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2009 @ 04:02 PM
jphelps
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-09-2009

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for!  I’ll try it and post back if I have some questions.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Master Mode Zone question
Next Topic:

Can I use a sustain pedal? ››