mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help with the CS/faders on the MOTIF6 please…"

Posted on: April 06, 2009 @ 01:04 PM
webern
Total Posts:  12
Joined  08-29-2007

Hello.

Can someone please tell me if it is possible to MIDI learn/assign the 4 faders on the MOTIF6 to respond to say, the mixer/faders in SONAR 8 PE, etc.?  Like a mini-control surface? :\ I hope they can...I can’t figure it out.

Or are these CS/faders on the MOTIF not able to be used as MIDI parameters?

Thank you

W

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2009 @ 06:24 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

You can use the Motif as a remote control surface - you need to press the Remote button which is just to the right of the sliders.

You may also need to dig into the setup for this feature.
You will need to assign it to its own stream of MIDI Channels on the USB connection. You will also need to set it to the right set of protocols - there are various ‘templates’ for the likes of Cubase and Makie - I do not recall if it has one specifically for Sonar.

You can find more detail on P256 of the manual.

Hope this helps

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 08:53 PM
webern
Total Posts:  12
Joined  08-29-2007
Wellie - 07 April 2009 06:24 AM

You can use the Motif as a remote control surface - you need to press the Remote button which is just to the right of the sliders.

You may also need to dig into the setup for this feature.
You will need to assign it to its own stream of MIDI Channels on the USB connection. You will also need to set it to the right set of protocols - there are various ‘templates’ for the likes of Cubase and Makie - I do not recall if it has one specifically for Sonar.

You can find more detail on P256 of the manual.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hi there,

Thank you for your help, but I still have problems.  First, there is only Cubase Logic and “Cakewalk” templates, I’ve tried them all with no success.  After I hit Remote Control, it blinks fine but I can’t figure out how to “make” a new MIDI channel for the faders like you say to do…
Page 256 is no help..is there any way you could give me a brief step by step on how to proceed? :\

Thank you…
W

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Pitchbend Offset????
Next Topic:

Glitches with puttin pattern files into song mode ››