mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can you help me connect my talkbox??!!"

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 08:19 PM
mozartrules
Total Posts:  19
Joined  01-07-2007

Hi

I just bought the Banshee talkbox, and am excited! I have the MOTIF ES 88 connected to KRK monitors via l/r output. I tried the instuctions and connected the left mono to the “in” of the talkbox, and lost the use of one speaker. I can talk and the speaker is now thru the tube, but when i play i don’t hear it out of the other speaker....what am i doing wrong?

thanks!!!

peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 11:18 PM
mo-z
Total Posts:  724
Joined  11-18-2005
mozartrules - 31 March 2009 08:19 PM

Hi

I just bought the Banshee talkbox, and am excited! I have the MOTIF ES 88 connected to KRK monitors via l/r output. I tried the instuctions and connected the left mono to the “in” of the talkbox, and lost the use of one speaker. I can talk and the speaker is now thru the tube, but when i play i don’t hear it out of the other speaker....what am i doing wrong?

thanks!!!

peter

Tie the tube to a mic

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 12:52 AM
mozartrules
Total Posts:  19
Joined  01-07-2007

ok that sounds logical, however, i still need to connect the talk box to the motif. in order to still have 2 speakers which use output l/r, and the mic is input l(mono) how should i connect it?

thanks!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 07:47 PM
bsr2002
Total Posts:  693
Joined  03-30-2004

Be sure and check this guy out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi_FTPAOWIo&feature=related

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 10:33 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

A talk box is a monophonic instrument… it receives a mono input… And, outputs it through a tube into your mouth. What comes out of you mouth, (shaped by your phrasing) is picked by the mic… So, there’s no stereo in this application…

I personally think that using a high end ‘board (like the XS) in this fashion defeats the purpose of it’s purchase… But, to each his own… look at the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sjmSZji8aM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2009 @ 04:36 PM
bsr2002
Joined  03-30-2004

I personally think that using a high end ‘board (like the XS) in this fashion defeats the purpose of it’s purchase…
====================================

I was about to say the same thing but he has an ES and not XS.

XS would have a vocoder function in it and ES would not.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2009 @ 08:58 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

I was about to say the same thing but he has an ES and not XS.

Right, right… I overlooked that but still, it’s what- a $2800 synth? A $150 Casio would give similar results. Any old thing just lying around would do as well- surrendering all that polyphony, multi-timbrality (making up words), voice quality, etc… in order to use a talk-box???

If someone needs a talk box for a particular application, they have to do what’s necessary. But, this would be a serious tool of last resort…

Anyway, hope you got it working…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2009 @ 04:16 AM
bsr2002
Joined  03-30-2004

Your right, anywayz like your avatar

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Es Midi question
Next Topic:

Utilizing purchased Voice libraries for ES8 ››