mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif as master but also as midi controller"

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 09:21 PM
nostaljak
Total Posts:  13
Joined  03-29-2009

Hey guys. For those helping me with the wind noise issue thank you for your thoughts. I am picking up the ES from repairs tommorow so will let you know exactly what the issue was.

My question: I know with some brain strain and the manual this can be figured out but I honestly did so much of this that my motifation levels are low… So I am hoping for some info from those who tried this succesfully:

Lets say I got tracks 1 to 5 recorded in my motif es in pattern mode. Now to keep building my track I would like to use a vst synth that I use in Cubase. I sync up Cubase with the Motif as the master. Now I would like to add a vst synth phrase. How do I turn my motif in a midi controler in this case so when I play the keys, no motif sounds are played but my vst

Thank you guys.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 10:21 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

The easiest way to cause the Motif to be silent is to turn the volume to zero. Your VST’s will still play just fine.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2009 @ 07:15 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

If you want to use Motif as MIDI controller to play VST instruments and not to hear Motif ton generator you should (while in Patter play mode) press:
[F3] Track, [SF2] OUT SW (Output Switch)
and set INT SW (Internal Switch) to off on the track (MIDI channel) you are using to trigger VST intrument.
Of course, you could set Motif volume to zero, but why not to use options that Motif already has?

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2009 @ 07:43 PM
StreetsOnBeat
Total Posts:  38
Joined  06-16-2008

I’m having the same problem except I would like to hear the Motif pattern at the same time. I was wondering if it was possible to only choose one track as a midi controller.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2009 @ 04:14 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007
StreetsOnBeat - 06 April 2009 07:43 PM

I’m having the same problem except I would like to hear the Motif pattern at the same time. I was wondering if it was possible to only choose one track as a midi controller.

Yes, you could play your pattern while playing VST instrument on one MIDI channel devoted to VST and set INT SW to off (turn off Motif tone generator) on that channel (track in your Pattern).

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ no inserts on track 9-16
Next Topic:

Sound Library Voices - take another look ››