mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I Auditioned For Diddy’s Band…!!!!"

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 05:31 PM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

But I didn’t make the cut!!!! I am as surprised as you are. LOL. But please check out my first video post online and show your support by telling all your friends to check it out and give me 5 stars!!! (I am using my Motif in the video)!!!! I hope to post more online vids like this!! Thanks for the support and encouragement mo’folk!!!

“Da Fingaz” on Motif playing Heartless/Last Night medley

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 07:35 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Marcus, first of all I did not know Ditty was looking for people..LOL
HIS LOSS, for I’ve looked at others on the tube page, and knowing your OVERALL skills, I strongly feel you should have made the cut, but that is just me, but not a bias opinion though,,man you should have made it,,,yep, “HIS LOSS”

Dude is so rich, I guess he can afford to waste time and money like that.
Next time send your stuff to Mr. Carter, aka Jay Z.
I don’t think Ditty Rah! Rah! Yay! No cuss words here, just a dancing banana. can be trusted anyways. LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 08:56 AM
dafingaz
Joined  07-13-2004

The Funk Master,

Thanks for the encouraging words. I did meet some people in line and also learned 7 new songs (for the audition). LOL. I would love to work with Jay Z, Diddy, any of them. I’ll even work with Oprah on a track. LOL. Thanks again!…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 09:01 AM
stramontano
Total Posts:  128
Joined  03-28-2009

Yo bra,
I never knew you had such skills on the board… really.

I enjoyed hearing you play those cuts seemingly without effort.

Do you play by ear?? nice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 02:55 PM
mo-z
Total Posts:  724
Joined  11-18-2005

There will be other auditions, my friend; and possibly better gigs than Diddy’s. I once did a session for Snoop Dogg and they asked if I wanted to go on the road---I told Snoop he couldn’t afford me, LOL. He smiled and said I was probably right.
Just remember when you’re offered a road gig to not sell yourself short and factor in gigs/sessions you’ll miss.  Always ask about backline, cartage and per diem, in addition to travel accommodations and amenities.  Road gigs aren’t as glamorous as everyone thinks they are; you may sacrifice something to go....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 06:19 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Sounded nice. Which piano voice did you use? Sounded like the Natural Grand to me. Mo-z is right, going on the road is not as glamorous as you might think. At first, it is exciting and new, but it gets old fast. Nevertheless, it is an experience every muscian should have if the opportunity presents itself. Hang in there and take every audition you can get.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 08:17 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Back in the day, I use to travel with my former church’s choir, and I hated it.
Staying in cheap hotels/motels, eating cheap food, not being able to have a smoke when I wanted to, nor a beer.
The practice sessions were long, and sometimes very hot, being that I was in Texas.
Nah, the musical road trips, or sometimes not even worth the money.

Tell ya what though, one might get the exposure and props that he/she would need though.
Fame ain’t nothing, without finance..LOL
I would rather be unknown and rich, than famous and poor.
Da Fingaz, don’t forget, you want to be the one that works behind the scenes,,so do I.. LOL

I would love to be able to compose for a good singer/rapper.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
mo-z
Joined  11-18-2005
The Funk Master - 01 April 2009 08:17 AM

Back in the day, I use to travel with my former church’s choir, and I hated it.
Staying in cheap hotels/motels, eating cheap food, not being able to have a smoke when I wanted to, nor a beer.
The practice sessions were long, and sometimes very hot, being that I was in Texas.
Nah, the musical road trips, or sometimes not even worth the money.

Tell ya what though, one might get the exposure and props that he/she would need though.
Fame ain’t nothing, without finance..LOL
I would rather be unknown and rich, than famous and poor.
Da Fingaz, don’t forget, you want to be the one that works behind the scenes,,so do I.. LOL

I would love to be able to compose for a good singer/rapper.

Don’t we all? I would love just one #1 hit that sells all over the world and makes enough money to put my (future) grandkids through college, and buy me a new house.....LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 02:51 PM
scotch
Total Posts:  2027
Joined  08-14-2005

Forget the hit: Just fork over the dough.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 07:27 PM
mo-z
Joined  11-18-2005
scotch - 01 April 2009 02:51 PM

Forget the hit: Just fork over the dough.

Someone didn’t get his stimulus package? Tax refund?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 06, 2009 @ 12:45 AM
dafingaz
Joined  07-13-2004

Stramontano,

I’m glad you liked me playing. I’ll try to post videos more often online. I have gotten some positive responses from this one. Thanks again for checking it out. I play by ear (much better than by note. LOL)… Thanks!!!!

Mo-z,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I’m sure there will be more opportunities. Your words of advice are appreciated. I don’t think I’m much of a touring musician anyway. I much prefer the studio setting. LOL. Motown actually had musicians that were exclusively touring musicians and musicians that were exclusively studio musicians. With the exception of a few (such as James Jamerson), the musicians rarely switched roles.

PeterS,

Your ears have not deceived you. That is the Natural Grand. I wasn’t doing it for any glamour. I just wanted to audition because I knew if I didn’t, I would live life wondering what could have happened if I did. LOL. I am definitely pursuing many opportunities within the next 2 years. LOL!!!

The Funk Master

Thanks again for the input. I wouldn’t mind a traveling gig with a gospel group (do you have Tye Tribbet’s number? LOL). I have been playin in my church for over 10 years, but my heart is in production and studio work. Plus I know that the people that make the most money are the ones we DON’t know about. LOL....

mo-z

That’s all the money I need. Pay bills, good education for my kids, beautiful house and anything my wife wants. LOL…

scotch,

I should get a shirt that reads that. LOL. Thanks for the smile!!!

mo-z,

The thing is, the tax refund and stimulus package came and went so fast. Bills come every month. Shouldn’t the refund and package? LOL....

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Willy Schobben past away.
Next Topic:

Time to stop making posts with rude titles ››