mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "recording loop mash to cubase without using motif keys?"

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 04:06 AM
CrocAUS
Total Posts:  421
Joined  03-04-2009

i cant work out how to record loop mash to midi track without having to trigger midi events by pressing keys on my motif.
i’m sure there got to some way to do that.

right now i have to switch to voice mode on motif or else current pattern send loop mash in to crazy race then i can record it.

is there anyway i could record it via pressing “pads” (or whatever you call it) in loop mash itself and have it not linked to motif midi channels at all?
i can play them via loop mash pads like this but when i try to record i can hear it but it doesn’t gets recorded.

any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2009 @ 11:56 AM
CrocAUS
Joined  03-04-2009

i think i’m getting my head aroud this
i got recording happening (with midi event triggering loopmash beat patterns) but i can’t figure out how to stop the beat.
so even when my track is finished and cubase is going over empty space the loopmash beat is keep on going, how do i stop it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2009 @ 06:57 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

On the LoopMash VSTi front panel (center bottom) you will find the transport controls. If “SYNC” is active you will see a small orange strip indicating that it is ON. If SYNC is ON then stopping Cubase 5 will stop LoopMash.

If SYNC is not active, i.e., SYNC = OFF then of course, it can run with or without Cubase 5 and the LoopMash Tempo will appear in the window.

No Tempo shown, then you are sync’d to Cubase 5. The Manual goes over all of this - sounds like you are one of the users that insists on not reading the manual, which is cool. But we are talking only three and half pages :)

Go to Cubase 5 main menu > click HELP > DOCUMENTATION > Plug-in Reference PDF (page 77)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2009 @ 11:22 AM
CrocAUS
Joined  03-04-2009

thanks BM

I do read manuals just I got lots to read right now since i got motif and cubase over last few weeks so it will be a while before i read everything so i’m just trying to have bit of fun with few features while i’m getting there.

hope i’m not too much trouble :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2009 @ 01:11 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Hm-mm just some observations on the point raised about reading the manual....and NOT directed at anyone specifically. :) Yes, reading a manual is not the most ‘fun’ thing to do sometimes, and one is certainly tempted to ignore it or parts of it, especially in the beginning, and just play with the new ‘toy’....I think most of us have tried that at one time or the other.....and that’s okay too. But where the problem lies is when we start asking others to do our homework for us, and just tell us what to do before we’ve even taken the time to try and work it out on our own. There’s no sense of shame if there’s something in a manual we don’t quite understand or find confusing...again we’ve all been there (you should have seen some the Japanese produced manuals that came with equipment in the 1970s)..it’s when it’s obvious that the person hasn’t even looked at the manual that forum participants start to get upset and subsequently respond with things like “RTFM”! So in summary, I guess one really has to decide for themselves which approach they can live with, but if it’s the latter, do be prepared to receive some negative comments in return...especially at some of the other forums. :) Hey, remember that annoying kid in high school who always wanted to borrow your lab notes? :) :) Some food for thought for today..............frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2009 @ 03:41 PM
CrocAUS
Joined  03-04-2009

for me reading manual is fun as long as i can get my head around what it says and so far motif and cubase books are good read, plus got to love cubase video tutorials that came with it.
but as much i love reading manuals it will take me few months to read all of them (i read each chapter few times) so while reading i would like to toy around a bit so i might post few questions here and there but nothing crazy and whenever i can i do try to be helpful and give back to this great forum as well and not just take, but if i’m out of line with my silly questions please feel free to tell me to shut up.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2009 @ 04:41 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Re: “please feel free to tell me to shut up”
--LOL, well we’re often too polite around here to do that, especially directly, but if you really want that type of response, just log on to Cubase.net, and I’m sure some respondents there will, at some point, accommodate you. :) Cheers...............frank

[ Ignore ]