mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Utilizing purchased Voice libraries for ES8"

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 11:14 PM
aellison62
Total Posts:  41
Joined  03-23-2009

Question: If I purchase a voice library, for instance the Kawai grand piano collection available for sale in the Motifator store, and it comes on a 1GB flashdrive, how much DIMMs memory on my ES8 must I have to use this properly? I don’t think I need 1GB since I won’t be using all of the samples at same time. Is this true? Do I just plug the flashdrive into the Motif and go? Are CD’s better/worse for this sort of usage? I would need to purchase a CD-ROM in order to read the CD correct? Thanks for the info, Alan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 12:30 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

If you look at the “details” page for each of the voice libraries, it will tell you how much sample memory is required by that library.

The K-Sounds Piano 2 library (Kawai EX Concert Grand) comes in configurations that require 61 - 150 MB of sample memory.

There’ no need (or advantage) to utilize a USB CDROM for loading these samples. As a matter of fact, since the ES does not support writing to CDROMs, you’re ahead to use the Flash Drive as you can also use it to save and load other data as well.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2009 @ 08:16 PM
aellison62
Total Posts:  41
Joined  03-23-2009

Thanks Brad, that helps alot.

Alan

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Can you help me connect my talkbox??!!
Next Topic:

ES6/7 key removal ››