mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Suggestions for good software?"

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 02:08 AM
Marc Oggi
Total Posts:  16
Joined  03-31-2009

Wondering what might be a descent program for converting songs to cd from a Motif 8 using a pc. I’ve heard of ProTools, Cubase, Sonar. Any suggestions? P.S. I’m fairly new to keyboards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 31, 2009 @ 10:23 PM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009

Since Yamaha owns Steinberg, I can assure you that you’ll find a lot of willing help around here if you choose Cubase 5. You could start with a “junior” version to get you going (Cubase Studio 5, or Cubase AI). If you are a guitar person who has just moved over to keys, then Cakewalk/Sonar may be a good choice. Both of these recommendations are based on my assuming you are using a PC. If you are into Macs, then Logic is probably a good choice (as it only runs on Macs). Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction. Also, you may want to check out http://www.tweakheadz.com to get you started on what you may need to put it all together. Then come back here and ask away!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2009 @ 03:00 AM
Marc Oggi
Total Posts:  16
Joined  03-31-2009

Much appreciated midinut! Will check out tweakheadz.

[ Ignore ]