mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Notes Missing From Pattern Recording"

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 08:13 AM
JohnCota
Total Posts:  39
Joined  12-16-2004

I am just getting started using the sequencer on my Motif 6, so this is somewhat new to me. I recorded a 4-measure pattern using a piano sound and made it a loop. It plays back fine except for a few missing bass notes in the 4th measure. I tried recording it over and over several times, and the same thing happens every time. Does anyone know why this would occur?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 10:57 AM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

Can you explain what you mean by “made it a loop”?

If you’re working in pattern mode you should be able to record a 4 measure pattern, and when you play the pattern it should loop automatically unless you change to another pattern or stop playback

so I’m left wondering if you’ve done something extra and that’s where you’ve introduced your problem

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 06:14 PM
kevinb
Total Posts:  340
Joined  05-07-2003

You might check to make sure “quantize” isn’t on, or that if it is on that it’s set to a value that will accommodate the values of all of your notes. If it is set wrong it will “pull” your notes to the value it thinks they should be set at, and they could disappear in the process.

Kevin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 05:57 AM
JohnCota
Joined  12-16-2004

I don’t have quantize on. I record the four-measure pattern and when I play it back, it drops a few of the bass notes out of the final measure. This happens every time I try recording a pattern. Any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 30, 2009 @ 05:58 AM
JohnCota
Joined  12-16-2004
jmaths - 27 March 2009 10:57 AM

Can you explain what you mean by “made it a loop”?

A four-measure pattern that repeats itself.

Thanks for any advice or solutions you may have.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Thanks!
Next Topic:

New Performance Files ››