mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Goin’ Home"

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 01:45 PM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Total Posts:  327
Joined  05-31-2007

New Toon - still needs lots of work, not least some creative drumming, but I’ll get there in time.....

Emjoy.
Mark.

File Attachments
NEW.mp3  (File Size: 3968KB - Downloads: 919)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 02:57 PM
mustbthemix
Total Posts:  964
Joined  01-02-2004

Hi Maxxuk, this is a really nice tune ready for some lead vocals.
the overall mix sounds good and everything is nice and tight, pretty impressive guitar playing and the organ sits well in the mix too.
the drums are good, locking everything down. put a couple of fills in there and your good to go.
Good Job!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 03:18 PM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Joined  05-31-2007

HAHA - guitar genius I’m not !! The acoustic riff is straight out of the XS performance box of tricks. The Lead solo is all me though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 05:05 PM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009

As some of you may have noticed by some of my reply’s, I tend to see music in a very visual sense--(e.g., when listening, I attempt to see just where a song or style my flow from a visual perspective).

Max on this song I see a late biker riding down a two lane highway thinking about how he is leaving his problem(s) behind.  I really like the feel and flow.  Good mix.  Some Fills would be great.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 01:16 AM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

Hey Mark,

Good job mate.. Guitar lead is brilliant. Drums sound perfect at my end. It might need another lead on top of organ, maybe ...

But this is fantastic as it is....

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 06:58 AM
spalding12
Total Posts:  42
Joined  03-11-2009

Hey, Mark
this is VERY good
you did a wonderful job with this piece
i, too… would LOVE to hear some vocals with it
any thoughts about that?

thanks for sharing your work with us
we really appreciate it
Greg

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 07:52 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

LOL Mark, I remember that rythem, I did a track with it.
Sounds like “Sweet Home Alabama”
I played real bass guitar on it as well.
I like what you have done with this, and very yes, that guitar is outstanding for sure.

Thanks for sharing your work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 08:36 AM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Joined  05-31-2007

Thanks guys.

I used the resample technique hncheema pointed me to so that I got a decent quality track this time. Its also the first time I’ve used the PATTERN chain record and moved it to a song. Don’t know why I didn’t use it before. DUH !!!!

Lovemymotif - Man, you should take a look at the picture I put with this track on my myspace ( http://www.myspace.com/markpuk ) its a long open road, just perfect for your bikers LOL

Cheema - The drums are ok, but not enough variation, could do with some fills. I may talk to my drummer buddy and see if he can provide some real drums.

Spalding - Muchly appreciated. It is just crying out for vocals isn’t it ??  Sadly I’m hopeless with words. I get a melody of how I want the vocal to sound, but no words. If you get any ideas for any, LET ME KNOW !!!!! LOL

Jerry - LOL - yeah that riff is pretty recognisable huh ?? It went so well though, I just had to use it. Glad you liked it man. I know if Jerry digs it, its gotta be good ;o)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 10:18 AM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

hi mark,

Drums, try the loop remix for drums work brilliantly in pattern mode.

And i think you already know this that while making a pattern chain you can mute parts (voices) to create better intro’s and endings.

adios

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 11:08 PM
Bboy On N On
Total Posts:  288
Joined  02-05-2008

thought it wasn’t true
but i couldn’t find yoooooooooooooou

someone told me you wouldn’t
be there
but
i
i
didn’t care

find a road for two
but it won’t be no
it won’t be
there
so i’m on this highway back to find my
way
back home
back alone

***really cool the organs let you get a feel for what the melodies gonna be like the lyrics felt like they belong while the organs playing ...i didn’t know if you wanted to make this track for lyrics or not but i was lookin at an old dirt road when i was hearing this and that just started painting the picture i thought the song was trying to do kinda remorseful about leaving a place to go look for another yet somehow the end is upbeat ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 01:12 AM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

Needs quantization. LOL. I like the idea here. Maybe throw in some lyrics or a lead guitar. Thanks for sharing…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 08:20 AM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Joined  05-31-2007

Hey BBoy - Glad you liked it. I originally didn’t plan on the organ high end being that promenant, it’s meant to just like a background fill melody if that makes sense, but I’ll take a look at your lyrics and see how they fit to the organ, I’m always open to ideas.

Hey Fingaz, yeah It’s screaming for vocals on this track, I have an idea for a melody for the chorus, with backing harmony too, but I have no words yet, maybe I’ll record the melody vocal with just a “ doo doo “, and see if anyone has any ideas....

..and hey - talk me through how I quantise this properly then…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 01:01 PM
jbirdsreturn
Total Posts:  213
Joined  03-22-2004

I have to agree with a lot that has been said here.  Very uplifting track, very good quality.  All the instruments play really nice together. 

As for suggestions, I’d agree that a few drum fills in there couldn’t hurt.  Also, during some parts of the middle sections when its just rhyth guitar and organ, maybe add in some light comping with the lead guitar (nothing that stands out, but to add a little flavor...judging from the solo, you def. have the chops to lay down whatever you want lol).  Just my two cents.  Great job.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 01:11 PM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Joined  05-31-2007

Thanks JB.

I’ll probably wait until the weekend to have another play with it, as I’m on a late shift at work this week. Anybody got any tips on finding drum fills on the XS ?? I’ve never had much luck at sifting through all the arps…

...and I like the idea of picking out a few guitar licks here and there behind the vocals if I ever find some !!!

Again, thanks for your input…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 05:59 PM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009

Mark:

Took a look at the pic on your My Space page.  As the old saying goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words” and your picture is right where my thoughts were.

All the best,

Toney

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2009 @ 01:07 PM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Joined  05-31-2007

Right - Had some fun with the sampling stuff, and as JB mentioned I layed a little light guitar over the verse segment.

Still no lyrics as yet apart from 4 words “ I’m going home tonight “ LOL. I just hummed the melody for the chorus plus harmony vocal ( I really do apologise for that one, but I just couldn’t sing high enough !! LOL - should have put tighter trousers on ). Needs a proper vocalist to do something with it now.

Mark.

File Attachments
Going Home v2.mp3  (File Size: 5031KB - Downloads: 734)
  [ Ignore ]