mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase AI4 Instrument Definition/Patch List for MM6/MM8"

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 03:45 PM
joe_lee_sy
Total Posts:  12
Joined  03-16-2009

Hi,

Where can I download the MM6/MM8 instrument definition/patch list for Cubase AI4?

Thanks,
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 01:34 AM
tnicoson
Total Posts:  53
Joined  10-17-2008

Joe

I see you have also posted this on the Steinberg forum and have not received a reply there yet either.  Sorry to be so long responding to you, but when I got my MM6, it worked so well with my Cakewalk Sonar, I got lazy and did not want to go thru the learning curve for Cubase AI4.  There is an instrument def file for Sonar here on this site, so I lucked out there.  As a non-Cubase user, I can not answer your question for certain, but I did run a Google search and came up with a couple of sites (one of them French) that led me to believe that the MIDI Patch Script file you are looking for is resident on the AI4 DVD-ROM that came with the MM6/8 and gets copied to your hard drive during install.  It should be in the SCRIPTS folder on your hard drive.  You just need to know how to activate it.  The French site even had screen shots on the procedure, but since I do not speak French, I was unable to understand the details.  Go back to the Steinberg forum and you will find the other discussion there.  It is under installing MIDI Patch Script for MM6 under Vista.  Even if you are running XP, the procedure should be very similar.  If the script file is not on the DVD-ROM, there has to be one somewhere, because several folks out there are discussing how to activate it.  Here is the link to the French site.  The discussion text is in French, but the text in the screen shots themselves is in English.  So if you combine them with the English text from the Steinberg forum, it might help you figure it out.  If you speak French, then you should be all set.

If you try it, let me know how you come out in case someone else needs help with it.

http://forums.audiofanzine.com/index,idtopic,312608,mao,patch_list_du_mm6_pour_cubase.html

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 04:27 AM
joe_lee_sy
Joined  03-16-2009

Ted - thank you very much indeed for the detailed reply!

I suspected that the script should be on the DVD but didn’t find it at a couple of first attempts and got lazy about it. I’ll take it from here and let u know how it goes.

BTW, I was also a long-time Cakewalk user (started in 96!) and am attempting to transit to Cubase but still finding it a bit unintuitive…

Cheers,
Joe

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 22, 2009 @ 03:51 AM
Kaaaaa
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-22-2009

Nope, they completely neglected to include the patchlist on the AI4 CD.

Here you go:
http://files.keyfax.com/download/MM6.txt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 02:15 AM
joe_lee_sy
Joined  03-16-2009

Thanks, Kaaaa! You’re right! Yamaha/Steinberg ignored MM users!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 11:36 AM
joe_lee_sy
Joined  03-16-2009

could someone remind me how to import the txt/xml definition into Cubase AI4? thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 12:12 PM
tnicoson
Total Posts:  53
Joined  10-17-2008

Joe

Try those two sites I mentioned in my previous reply.  They go thru the import process.

Regards,

Ted

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mm6 and s30
Next Topic:

My MM6 demos ››