mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif xs as external instrument in logic 8"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 04:35 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Unfortunately, I cannot verify any of this until i get to my XS on Friday. In renaming my XS Device in AMS, I don’t recall all four of my ports having the same name. Also, I did not rename the USB MIDI Driver in AMS.

The steps I gave you, followed in order and to the letter, absolutely worked for me… When I initially had problems with the x’s and o’s, it was due to an improperly installed driver. And, I am still persuaded that it’s the problem here…

Anyway, you can go ahead and trash the files on your desktop, unless you have setup any custom Key shortcuts. The only other thing I can think of in addition to my last two posts is to delete the following before reinstall…

Home Folder/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.MIDI*
and,
Home Folder/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.AudioMIDISetup.plist

Last suggestion: maybe pm w7ptt and who replied earlier and have him walk you through what he did…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 10:53 AM
axxe
Total Posts:  71
Joined  03-20-2009

I have tried to pm w7ptt, he has not answered yet.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 12:13 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Just wanted to give you an example of how simple this should be…

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/442318/

Again, it’s got to be that driver. I am certain! Did you download a new or reuse one that you downloaded previously or from the install CD? Note how alwaysuptil1’s USB ports do show up differently in Logic’s Library

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 10:44 AM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

I have done a bit of research and asked a bit elsewhere. This dude at futureproducers told me he had had the same problems. Obviously it has something to do with sysex events. The xxx´s are apparently related to this. Its called sysex midi dumps or something. I think this is what we have been looking for, cus the sysex sign showed up in the event list as well ( on the image i posted some days ago ). Here´s the link to futureproducers: http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289370

And here is something on apple discussion on sysex: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8100314

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 11:36 AM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

Axxe,

I have tried sending you two private messages, and after I send them I look a the sent items it does now show anything there.  I don’t know why it is not working.  I have not beeen ignoring you.

All I can say is I followed the directions that Motif8mine gave and it worked for me.

On the subject of Logic Pro 8 changing my patches/parts in my Motif XS6, I went ahead and changed the utility setting inside of the Motif to have program changes turned off.  I believe that is inside the control tab.

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 12:07 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

ok, but dont u think it can have something to do with sysex. Because from my research this is what it seems like. The xxx´s are sysex events. Are you familiar to these w7ptt? Cus i would like to fix these before i start with the recalling of midi between logic and motif. Thanks for answering btw..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 03:19 PM
w7ptt
Joined  02-16-2009

You already know alot more about this then I do.  I wish I could be more help.

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 04:10 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

All i did was check the sysex box below and the xxx´s are gone. Now i have solved that problem.

Image Attachments
Bilde 1.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 04:20 PM
w7ptt
Joined  02-16-2009

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

If you lived near Seattle, Washington we should go out and celebrate!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 04:24 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

haha, were u being sarcastic? But seriously, this is huge for me. I figured something was terribly wrong. But i guess not…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 04:35 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

btw w7ptt, i managed to fix the metronome thing. I just went into my library when u have selected an external midi track and click on the folder called ´other objects ´. The hit midi click. When u have that selected open up the midi click roll down option at the left of your screen ( there is a little arrow, just push it and you will see the options. Then just set the port to be off.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 04:53 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004
axxe - 27 March 2009 04:10 PM

All i did was check the sysex box below and the xxx´s are gone. Now i have solved that problem.

Axxe, congratulations…
I’m glad that you found a work around and I really mean that but, at this point, that’s all it is is a work around. This is not to discourage you. A work around is a great thing.

I did note the sysex messages in your event editor. That’s what reminded me of the problem I had with the initial Yamaha USB/MIDI Driver. I don’t believe it was Intel Mac compliant. And perhaps, if it’s not your driver, we were looking at the wrong thing and somehow you’ve turned on a setting within the XS to transmit the sysex.

Below I have a pic of the same setting in my copy of Logic. Note: it’s unchecked. So, the messages are coming from somewhere (the XS via setting or the driver forwarding messages it should not) and you’ve successfully filtered them out (sorry, i didn’t think of that). At some point down the line, after the frustration of this past week is gone, you may want to look into why it’s being transmitted…

Anyway, sorry I couldn’t have been of more help…

Image Attachments
Picture 4.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 07:13 PM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

Dont worry about not thinking about the filtering thing. From what I understand, you saying the problem is not solved yet. Because I managed to sort of hide the xxx´s, but the sysex is still being transmitted. Well, is it possible to start working on recalling and that stuff or should I focus on removing the sysex messages first? I guess that is something I can do later right? Because it is not exactly hurting me. The xxx´s are gone, and that was the thing that was bothering me. I know the messages are still transmitted, but this wont worsen anything, will it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 11:47 PM
motif8mine
Joined  10-22-2004

Yeah, just post a new question and we’ll see if we can’t help you out!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 28, 2009 @ 07:30 AM
axxe
Joined  03-20-2009

that would be how to use the motif as the tone generator and enable logic to record 16 channels from the keyboard. Because as i told you, if i record an instrument and add another track in logic ( with setting the next midi channel at the left of logic´s screen ) they both will end up having the same instrument. So I want to separate the midi channels so that i can record different instruments on every track. I dont know if this is done in pattern mode on the motif or/and in the xs editor. Eventually i want to recall all the midi settings from a project in logic without having to convert to audio.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ logic and motif xs
Next Topic:

How do I route the audio from mLAN into LOGIC 8? ››