mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording Motif XS Audio output into Logic PRO 8"

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 01:43 PM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

Can somebody tell me where in the Logic PRO 8 user manual where it talks about recording the audio output of your external MIDI instrument (like a keyboard) where the MIDI data is on MIDI tracks inside of Logic PRO 8 ONTO audio tracks inside of Logic PRO 8?

In the end my project will have my MIDI tracks and audio tracks in the same file.

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 11:45 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

The manual deals with Audio Recording (and Recording in general) on pages 351-380 or so…

But, I think you’re thinking of this the wrong way. Whether or not the tracks are from previously recorded MIDI is irrelevant. What you want to do is record audio onto Audio Tracks in Logic Pro. And, you will route the audio output of the instruments within the XS (the illustration is for stereo) a pair of MLAN outputs (basically, L,R,m1-m14). And, within Logic, you select the Audio track’s input signal at it’s Input Buss (1-16).

m1 & m2 are the equivalent of tracks 3 & 4 in Logic Pro. Tracks 1 & 2 in Logic correspond to L & R on the XS.
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv233/motif8mine/Picture-1.gif

[ Ignore ]