mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can DAW remote function w/MIDI cable?"

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 11:34 AM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

I have searched the forums and found some comments on this, but I just wanted to confirm that this is correct.

DAW Remote and Studio Connections will only work using USB. These functions are not possible using a MIDI cable.

Please oh please, no opinions or “I think so”. Just the Facts!  : )

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 11:12 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

According to the manual pg.113:

If the MO is connected to the computer by MIDI cable, the Remote
Control function cannot be used.

But I don’t know if I’d trust them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 05:51 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

well, look at that… I missed that

thanks!

I guess I’ll test it out anyway, but I’ll bet that is correct and that if MIDI can’t do Remote Control it sure won’t be able to do Studio Connections

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 07:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The Manual is correct. In order to use REMOTE CONTROL functions a separate MIDI Port is required. The REMOTE CONTROL commands must be kept complete discreet from the MIDI commands that are your music playing (note-ons, controllers, tempo). If you get REMOTE CONTROL commands routed on the same PORT as your normal MIDI you will have big troubles.

USB-MIDI is a multiple Port MIDI connection.

In order to use the Studio Connections function for the MO you only need standard MIDI connections, with one exception: You cannot us the MO as a REMOTE CONTROL surface for your DAW. Again REMOTE CONTROL commands must be kept on a separate (discreet) MIDI port. Standard MIDI cables however, will let you use the MULTI-PART and VOICE Editor.

(It is just that you cannot setup the MULTI-PART Editor’s REMOTE PORTS...) simply leave the MIDI IN REMOTE and MIDI OUT REMOTE = NOT ASSIGNED

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Headphone Only Mode
Next Topic:

using a Roland Fantom XR Sound Module with the MO8 ››