mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "using a Roland Fantom XR Sound Module with the MO8"

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 02:59 PM
jfled
Total Posts:  88
Joined  08-13-2007

If I hook up a Roland Fantom XR Sound Module to the MO8 will I:

1) Be able to play the MO and have the voice come from the sound module?

2) If I use the MO sequencer and set a track to a voice from the sound module will I be able to record that sound?

I’m just looking for ways to expand my voice library with voices from differnet keyboards WITHOUT having to purchase another keyboard. By the way, this is the sound module I am interested in purchasing:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Fantom-XR-Sound-Module-102552585-i1154880.gc

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 10:48 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

With MO6/8, you can control up to 4 external sound modules. It will play internal and external sounds without any problem.

With “master” mode...you are “the show man” that means you can control internal sequencer, external module(s) and MO’s sounds itself

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 11:42 AM
jfled
Total Posts:  88
Joined  08-13-2007

Okay, but I just want to make sure because in the post below Brad says that the MO’s cannot record sound into the sequencer from another synth, but the Motif can. Does the Roland sound module differ from the synth in this manner?

Brad’s post:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/441694/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 12:34 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

MO doesn’t have sampler, so it can’t record any “sound” into it. It “controls” other devices ONLY. MO is designed more for “performers” than “onboard” studio.

[ Ignore ]