mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Headphone Only Mode"

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 08:44 PM
TheChad
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-25-2009

This might be a stupid question, but is there an easy way to shut off the MO’s outputs and only monitor through the 1/4” headphone jack?

During live performance, I need to test out a couple sounds while I’m not playing but not shoot it through to the audience.

Thanks!

Chad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 10:43 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

No… the headphone and main outputs aer both affected by the main volume slider.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 03:27 AM
TheChad
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-25-2009

How about a workaround?  How the heck does a performer test a sound real quick before playing it live?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 10:39 AM
salzburg
Total Posts:  17
Joined  07-10-2008

I guess you will have to talk and coordinate to the guy controlling your mixer (yes, the one who manages the outputs to the main speakers on stage, I’ll guess you have someone doing that). While your testing and monitoring your voices and sounds using your headphones, he should turn your output channel off in order to not having any downstream audio signal out of your keyboard. That should do the work.
I recommend you to get a decent pair of headphones to do that, like the AKG 240 MK II

Salz

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 27, 2009 @ 10:57 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006
TheChad - 26 March 2009 03:27 AM

How about a workaround?  How the heck does a performer test a sound real quick before playing it live?

It seems you’re not doing your homework before the show hehehheh...but sure there work around

Get an extra small mixer, recommend 2/4 channels (e.g http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHXENTX502) so you can have at least 2 keyboards. Most of the mixer has a switch mix to main and monitor...use that option.

Hopes that help,
Dcool

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Just Ordered new MO8 Crossing Fingers
Next Topic:

Can DAW remote function w/MIDI cable? ››