mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New user ….cd rom library for plg150vl"

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 04:22 PM
heros57
Total Posts:  10
Joined  09-24-2008

Hello , really excited about my new motif es rack . I bought the 2 exp. boards plg150ap and VL . The VL was an out of the box buy and I need the cd rom library . The AP was new so I have it but does anyone out there have a VL they can copy or can I buy it from Yamaha ?
I play a Godin guitar and use an Axon AX100 to trigger it . Way Cool !!!  Thanks ,,,,Don //////////Please contact me at dghogan at verizon dot net

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 07:17 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

The VL was an out of the box buy and I need the cd rom library

I have VL card and CD came with it, but it containes only PLG Editors as a Plug-in for XG Works. Additionaly, on one 3.5” floppy there are some demonstration files and plug-in voices in MIDI format. I have attached in one ZIP file folowing:
1. Demonstration & plug-in voice (MIDI files from original diskette)
2. PLG150-VL INS files (Cakewalk/Sonar INS files with voice names)
3. PLG150VL_Motif.pdf (A getting started guide)
4. PLG150VLE.pdf (Original Owner’s manual shipped with card)
5. VL_Tutorial.pdf (Tutorial written by Phil Clandenin. You have also nice voices, but you could download it from this site at http://www.motifator.com/storage/support/PowerUserVL1.zip).

You should download Visual Editor for PLG150-VL from Yamaha site: http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/plg_series/VLSTNDLN.ZIP

Alex

File Attachments
PLG150VL.zip  (File Size: 1368KB - Downloads: 666)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 09:20 AM
heros57
Joined  09-24-2008

Thanks Alex ,,,I read that the plg150VL didn’t have completed voices until you added the library off of the cd rom to the board . I should have asked this at the motif es rack forum but being new here , I was at the wrong place by mistake. Can you shead some light on this as far as the voice library goes? Thanks and If a moderator would move this to the ES rack forum it might be better ...Don

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 09:48 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Don,

Since the PLG150-VL was developed prior to any of the Motif class products that support it (the Motif classic, Motif Rack, S90, Motif ES, Motif Rack ES and S90 ES) each of these instruments include the programming of the the plug in voices that integrate the boards with the host instrument’s internal effects processing.

The PLG150-AP on the other hand was a late addition to the PLG family and therefore you must download the associated voices for it into the board after installing it in any of the support Motif class synthesizers.

The zip file that Alex included in his post above includes everything you need to get started. I would especially recommend that you read the “MotifPlg.pdf” and “PLG150VL_Motif.pdf” files to better understand how to use the PLG150 boards (and specifically the VL board) with your Motif ES.  (Note these articles were originally written for the Motif classic, but they apply equally to the Motif ES.)

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 10:57 AM
heros57
Joined  09-24-2008

Thanks for the info Brad ....So , what your saying is that my host synth. (motif es rack) already has the instruments in it and I need to learn how to apply the sounds/voices to the VL board? . I’m sure as I study the material , I get a better understanding . Thanks again . I’m looking for a really good sax and flute and violin ...Don

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 11:54 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

That’s correct. One other thing, some of the best programmed voices for the VL take advantage of using a breath controller (such as the Yamaha BC3A). If you want to take advantage of this with a Motif Rack ES the controller that you use with it will need to support this breath controller. Alternately, there are standalone MIDI Breath Controllers, such as the MIDI Solutions Breath Controller box (pictured below).

Regards,

Brad Weber

Image Attachments
304517-bth[1].jpg
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 02:05 PM
heros57
Joined  09-24-2008

Thanks Brad ,,I’ll do some reading. More questions to come I’m sure .Best regards,,,Don

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 06:17 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

About Breath-MIDI converter. Brad just said something that I forgot to mention to you. VL board sounds amazingly, but the most power you could expect only when you use BC3a controller. Since none of Rack version has BC3a input, you should use this converter that Brad has shown.
Another thing about voices. When you put your plug-in board to the host (in your case Rack ES) your host will recognize it and you will have preset Plug-in voices. In VL case it will be PLGPRE1, PLGPRE2 and PLGPRE3. The first and last are the same voices with different way of producing (no. 3 is intended for BC3 control). These voices are with added Motif insert effects and controllers. You also have one user bank (in Motif!) for 64 plug-in voices (PLG1USR or PLG2USR depending on slot wher you install your board). Voice library that I told you about (VL Tutor) containes 64 User voices and also 6 board voices.
How it works? You find board voice that you wish to modify and set parameters, effects, etc. Than save it to location in PLGxUSR bank. More details you will find in PDF I have attached in previous post.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 2 Questions about Headphone Amp and i88x
Next Topic:

Directing effects to outputs ››