mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Flip this"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 09:49 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

KylB,

Please, explain flip a sample? What is flipping a sample. I know I am a dummy in the sampling world, but always willing to learn.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 11:02 AM
J Boz
Total Posts:  529
Joined  02-17-2009

no problem my friend. when somone says “flip”, it’s just a hip way of saying converting or changing. when someone flips a song they change it from the original.
what i did here is took two pieces (samples) out of a song and put them into my own song along with my drum track/bass. i changed the original pitch (or key) of the song. lots of people have been sampling other peoples songs for years.
i never got into sampling because some would describe it as stealing rather than sampling. now that i’ve learned how to do this i really like to experiment with it.
i hope this helps..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 11:58 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

KylB,

Thanks. That explains it. For a Dutchman it is sometimes hard to follow the Hippy tongue. LOL. OK. I digg it, Dude. Hahahaha

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 03:03 PM
jbirdsreturn
Total Posts:  213
Joined  03-22-2004

Upon reading this thread, I feel like asking A:"How can someone need a crash course in Sampled Music?” and B: “Why would you attack Jan, someone who has brought a lot of original music to this forum?” Going back to your corner?  Sorry for trying to bring something fresh and new to the forums?  How is copying music already written bringing something new?  It’s rehashing something old and original as your own...bad taste, in my opinion.

You take a section of someone’s music (music that they had the talent to create in the first place) and add a simplistic, overused, dime a dozen “beat” on top of it?  From a technical mixing/EQing standpoint, I can appreciate the quality of the sound, but the question “What are you trying to say with this track?” is a valid one.  Maybe he’s trying to understand the point of that kind of “music.” To me, that track sounds “elementary.”

That small motive you use as the basis of the track is a good one, but immediately becomes stale, and to some, keeping the root of the beat the same and only switching from hihat to ride or crash cymbal isn’t enough of a “change” to make the track more interesting. 

Now frankly, if “flipping” tracks is something you enjoy and take pride in, I commend you for that, but don’t get all high and mighty like you are creating some sort of art that is beyond comprehension to the rest of us, because that really makes me want to lol.  Good luck on these forums and I hope you continue to post more.  I’m always interested to hear how people are growing as musicians on this forum.  Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 07:29 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

i’m lovin this new IGNORE button....LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 07:53 AM
mmusic
Total Posts:  1159
Joined  05-24-2008

Hi jbirdsreturn. I agree. You are 100% right.

Kyle: press the button and have fun with it!LOL!!

Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 08:27 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

mmusic,

you agree ?? LOL
hmmm, what’s the Integrated Sampler for ?? i wonder....LOL

music is our purpose not trivial arguments.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 09:53 AM
mmusic
Total Posts:  1159
Joined  05-24-2008

I don´t understand, who at Yamaha had the idea with this damned “ignore” button. I remember the words “...discuss with people all over the world.”

And now?

You don´t want to listen to my music? Klick me away.
You don´t want to read my words? Klick me away.

Great job!

Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 10:01 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

idiotic, discriminatory and bias comments ? klick them away....LOL

i love it !!!LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 10:58 AM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

I wonder whether its possible to reverse the “ignore” when you by accident hit this “ignore” button.

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 11:39 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

yes you can reverse it jan....there’s a caption that says, “stop ignoring jbirdsreturn”.....LOL
seriously, once you hit the ignore button every instance of that person is hidden from your view. when you want to return them to viewing just hit the “stop ignoring” button....

so are you going to ignore me ?? LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 12:11 PM
jan bruijn
Joined  04-30-2005

KylB,

No. I am not going to ignore you. LOL. Maybe I put a spell on you. hahahaha.Whooooo Whoooooo help that man with sampling. Whoooooo, Whoooooo

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 12:19 PM
jbirdsreturn
Total Posts:  213
Joined  03-22-2004

Ignoring must be the last option when you have no response because you know you are wrong. 

This forum is “Mo Songs”, which is to discuss the songs themselves that are created in whole, or in part using the Motif family of products.  To ask a question directed at the inspiration or meaning behind a SONG (see, its right there in the title of the forum) is 100% the entire reason we are all here.

If KB wants to discuss becoming a producer or wants to discuss different sampling techniques (and as he put it “let the people who understand this stuff talk about it") then start posting in the Sampling or Production forums (yes there are forums labled Sampling and Production).

From a sampling technique and production standpoint, I’m sure you’re “song” is great, but you are not in the right place, go post somewhere else.  From a “song” standpoint, it sucks...really bad.  So handle the questions people have about your “song” or gtfo of the SONG forums.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 07:43 AM
J Boz
Joined  02-17-2009

did somebody say something ??? i can’t see them, who was it ??

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahahahah
ahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah

ROFL !!!!

ok ok ok...this is my last respone on this thread, i’m back to making music....

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ some strong emotional song
Next Topic:

Don’t Stop, A looped sample song ››