mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need CD-ROM Software Disk"

Posted on: March 15, 2009 @ 03:04 PM
gondo
Total Posts:  42
Joined  03-15-2009

I just acquired a Motif-Rack ES and am excited about getting to learn this marvelous machine.

Unfortunately, the person I bought it from did not have any of the manuals or the software disk. I can print the manuals from Yamaha’s .pdf files, but I was wondering if anyone here would be so kind as to make a copy of their software disk that I could purchase. I would pay a fair price via Paypal (or other) for the disk and shipping (to Nebraska).

I know I can contact Yamaha customer service and probably order one, but I thought I’d check here first to see if there’d be someone generous enough to do this for me.

Thanks much!

-gondo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 10:56 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

All of the tools on the software disk are also available for download at YamahaSynth.com

Depending on age of your ES, it either came only with the Studio Manager tools, or also included a version of Cubase.

If you need to download Studio Manager, you can get it online from Yamaha.  If you need Cubase, you’ll have to buy your own copy because it’s licensed by the disk.  Without the key, you won’t be able to use it anyway.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 02:02 AM
OneWatt
Total Posts:  57
Joined  08-07-2005

Tony’s comments are spot on ... in fact, the software and drivers on my Motif Rack ES CD are all outdated and since replaced by free downloads from Yamaha. Go for it ... and congratulations on the Rack. You’re probably going to love it!

- OneWatt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 09:51 AM
gondo
Joined  03-15-2009

Thank you Tony and OneWatt! I was not aware of YamahaSynth.com, but I see it has everything I need.

I actually have not received the unit yet, but printed the manual in advance and have been reading it in preparation for its arrival.

If I could pick your (and others) brains again, which of the Yamaha Plug-in Boards would you recommend for the rack?

Thanks again,
-gondo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 02:23 AM
OneWatt
Total Posts:  57
Joined  08-07-2005

The two plug0in boards I have (and love) are

(1) the PLG150-VL (awesome wind instruments, produced through physical modeling) ... excellent for use with both keyboard, breath controller, or full midi wind controller (like EWI or WX), all of which can be played live or captured in sequencer recorder mode and then beautifully replayed/tweaked as needed and,

(2) the PLG150-AP which has superb acoustic pianos. But frankly, the pianos in the Motif Rack ES sound set are extremely good, especially if it’s part of a mix anyhow. So unless you’re after a solo classical piano sound, the Motif piano sounds will be very very good!

- OneWatt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2009 @ 03:02 AM
gondo
Joined  03-15-2009

Thanks OneWatt, sounds like I’ll be picking up those 2 boards before long!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 04:31 PM
heros57
Total Posts:  10
Joined  09-24-2008
OneWatt - 18 March 2009 02:23 AM

The two plug0in boards I have (and love) are

(1) the PLG150-VL (awesome wind instruments, produced through physical modeling) ... excellent for use with both keyboard, breath controller, or full midi wind controller (like EWI or WX), all of which can be played live or captured in sequencer recorder mode and then beautifully replayed/tweaked as needed and,

(2) the PLG150-AP which has superb acoustic pianos. But frankly, the pianos in the Motif Rack ES sound set are extremely good, especially if it’s part of a mix anyhow. So unless you’re after a solo classical piano sound, the Motif piano sounds will be very very good!

- OneWatt

Hi there ,I’m new here but is there a chance I can buy a copy of the cd rom library for the VL board . I bought mine on Ebay and the disk was missing . Thanks,,Don dghogan at verizon dot net

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help please:Assigning outputs in multi mode.
Next Topic:

How to Bulk Dump All Data ? ››