mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "2 Questions about Headphone Amp and i88x"

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 12:47 AM
barclay
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-24-2009

Hello everyone!!

I’m new to the realm of headphone amps so pardon my noobness. I just got a new pair of headphones that can be driven with a headphone amp. So my question is, can I run my headphone amp thru my Motif ES without damaging the ES? Second question my friend owns a i88x, Can I connect the i88x to the ES and use his preamps for my headphone amp? If so how?

Thank you!
Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2009 @ 06:36 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

So my question is, can I run my headphone amp thru my Motif ES without damaging the ES?

I don’t know why you would like to use headphone amp, since you have already headphone output on Motif? I’m using headphones frequently and never set master volume above 40-50%. Some voices, esp. electric guitars is very difficult for hearing by headphones even in low volume range.

Second question my friend owns a i88x, Can I connect the i88x to the ES and use his preamps for my headphone amp?

There are four possibilities to connect i88x to ES:
1. Through audio port (Motif OUT or Assignable OUT -> i88x audio input)
2. Through MIDI port (5pin),
3. Through digital in/out (if you have installed I/O expansion board AIEB2),
4. Through firewire port - mLAN (if you have installed mLAN16e in your Motif - the best option, since you could send/receive both MIDI and audio signals).

Alex

[ Ignore ]