mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording MIDI problem"

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 10:00 PM
rangelot
Total Posts:  75
Joined  11-28-2007

Sorry for the douple post in the XS forum but I thought this might be a better place to ask the questions since it may be an issue with Cubase.

I’m trying to record a MIDI bass track while playing back an audio track.  I load the audio track and create a new MIDI track.  When I play back both tracks the MIDI track is out of sync with the audio track.  Quantize is turned off and I set the project tempo to match the tempo of the audio clip (thinkin g that might help).  I believe my Cubase and KB settings are all correct, but I’m kinda new to using DAW’s and MIDI sequencing so I’m not absolutely sure.

just to clarify the “out of sync” comment: during play back the midi sound is not in time with the audio and midi notes are dropped.  Could this still be a quantize problem even with Quantize turned off?

Any ideas?  Sorry if I didn’t provide enough details.

I am using a Motif XS w/MLAN with Cubase 4.5.2 and a 2.2 ghz quad-core processor with 4gb ram. I have the latest patches/firmware on computer and XS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 10:38 PM
rangelot
Total Posts:  75
Joined  11-28-2007

Thanks to Bad_Mister.  The problem was solved by checking “Use System Timestamp” under Device setup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2009 @ 02:08 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

I suggest that Keyfax really should consider creating a “time stamp” ‘sticky’ here! :) Similar questions have led to the same answer ("Use System Timestamp") being posted ca. 50 times now..by several different people, both here and on the Sninety forum. A sticky would hopefully answer similar questions in the future...........frank

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Cubase Upgrades & Integration with Motif ES6
Next Topic:

A warning from Mr Stupid!!! ››