mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Synclavier Gong from Beat It intro"

Posted on: February 20, 2009 @ 05:41 PM
hood2112
Total Posts:  6
Joined  02-16-2004

I’ve been trying to find the famous (infamous?)Synclavier Gong sound from the intro to Michael Jackson’s Beat It with no luck.

Any suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 12:43 PM
KurtzyES6
Total Posts:  48
Joined  02-16-2009

There is a voice in the Motif ES (not sure if it’s in the xs, do not own one) called “PopularSyn”. I found that if you lower it 1 octave, it is quite close to the Beat It intro. Also, there is another voice called “Four Skids” which is made up of 4 different elements which are split four ways on the keyboard. The lower keys (I believe the bottom 2 octaves) are pretty close also. With some tweaking I think it would definetly be an acceptable emulation. Hope this helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2009 @ 01:48 AM
hood2112
Total Posts:  6
Joined  02-16-2004

Thanks for the post and for the great suggestions!

I will play with these patches over the weekend and post my results next week.

Thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2009 @ 05:24 AM
midinut
Total Posts:  93
Joined  02-21-2009
KurtzyES6 - 18 March 2009 12:43 PM

There is a voice in the Motif ES (not sure if it’s in the xs, do not own one) called “PopularSyn”. I found that if you lower it 1 octave, it is quite close to the Beat It intro. Also, there is another voice called “Four Skids” which is made up of 4 different elements which are split four ways on the keyboard. The lower keys (I believe the bottom 2 octaves) are pretty close also. With some tweaking I think it would definetly be an acceptable emulation. Hope this helps.

I checked these out last night and agree ... they’re “passable” for emulating that sound. Thanks for the suggestions BTW

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ It’s My Life
Next Topic:

Recommended Drum Loops To Purchase ››