mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Korg MPK-130 as trigger for MO6"

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 01:33 AM
tjanusky
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-23-2008

Last year I bought a set of KORG MPK-130 Footpedals (the kind Geddy Lee uses onstage).
http://www.keyboardmuseum.com/ar/k/korg/m/mpk130.html

Since then I have been trying to get them to trigger a sound on my MO6, but to no avail.

I’d like to use the pedals to play notes on the MO6, as well as start/stop sequences.

I’ve checked & changed MIDI channels, checked all of the (or what I believe are the) appropriate settings.

I posted about this back then, but got no replies.
Nor did I find any similar posts / issues on the forum.

Can anyone help?

Thank you,
TJ

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 07:24 PM
normanb
Total Posts:  103
Joined  12-29-2006

Can you program the MPK to send midi system exclusive messages? If not, you can’t use it for start/stop. If it is just sending note-ons and offs, assuming your MO6 is set to receive on the same channel the MPK sends on, you should hear sounds. Be sure you have midi selected on the MO6 too, not usb (in functions, midi, other if I remember right). Also, you probably want to be in pattern or song mode so the MPK can sound different voices than the MO6.

I’m curious to find out how you end up using the MPK, please post your results back.

Thanks, Norman.

[ Ignore ]