mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to set up Motif 7 (classic) to record from Finale software on the computer? Via MIDI?"

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 09:00 PM
rdmiller
Total Posts:  12
Joined  01-08-2006

I am trying to record a song with 4 staves (tracks) onto the Motif 7 (classic) in Song Mode.  I have it connected to the computer via a MIDI cable and wish to play a song back from Finale notation software and record it into a song via 4 tracks.  I can not get the Motif to receive the tracks or even for its sequencer to start moving.  Can anyone out there offer suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 06:47 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

If Finale can export the song as a Standard Midi File (SMF) then that woudl be the simplest way to do this - export the file, copy it onto smart media card, load the smf into the motif.

However, if your motif is playing back the notation correctly, it shoudl be capable of recording the midi data being received. You might need to do this a track at a time (not sure) and if so that raises the spectre of getting the tracks to be in-sync with each other.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 04:38 PM
rdmiller
Total Posts:  12
Joined  01-08-2006

Thanks Wellie.
However, in Finale, I saved the song as a midi file as you suggested, loaded it onto the smart media card, placed it in the motif7.  Then, turned on the motif, went to song mode, file, load, song and tried to load the song.  It started to load then said “Unkown Error, ( -24999).

Any idea what that means?  Is there a setting I have to adjust in the keyboard to load a midi file?

I tried this with a couple different songs, not just one.

More help needed,
rcmiller

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ plg150an editor
Next Topic:

Using other card instead of Smart Media? ››