mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Issue with CC messages"

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 04:09 PM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

I posted a question on this a while back but now actually figured out what was causing the issue.  The only problem is that I don’t know what to do about it.  Here’s the issue.  First off, I am using a MOES7.  Whenever the sequencer stops, a series of MIDI messages is sent where: CC#64-Pedal(sustain) and CC#66-Pedal (sostenuto) events for each channel 1 through 16 are sent with zero data.  I guess the reason for this is to stop any sustaining notes at the end of the sequence.  Is there a way to supress these messages from being sent via the MIDI out port?  If I am recording midi data into a DAW, I don’t want a bunch of these messages being sent where I don’t want them.  Thanks for the help.

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 17, 2009 @ 08:59 PM
DrDel
Total Posts:  51
Joined  01-06-2007

That’s never happened to me on any channel in the ES’s sequencer. Assuming it’s not a problem with your sustain pedal (but that wouldn’t explain it being on all channels) it must be a setting that got changed somewhere. I’m pretty sure it’s not a default setting or I would have seen it. I’ll be interested to see the answer to this. Sorry I can’t help more.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 05:36 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

The controllers are being reset, so a cause of this may well be a setting in SongEventChase. The purpose of this facility is to reset the controllers in case you stop or rewind before a Song is finished and thus the controllers may not be on the right settings.

Try checking the setting for SongEventChase in Utility, [F3] SEQ, [SF3] OTHER. If you don’t want any messages being sent out, make sure it is set to Off.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2009 @ 12:15 PM
msr
Joined  03-31-2006

Thanks PeterG.  I’ll give it a shot.

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
msr
Joined  03-31-2006

I checked this out last night and as it turns out that particular setting was already set to “OFF”.  Is there anything else that could be causing this behavior?

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Classic voices for Motif ES
Next Topic:

2 Foot Controllers problem ››