mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Creating Modulation"

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 03:30 PM
rajaman
Total Posts:  39
Joined  02-15-2009

I have a question regarding using modulation in creating a song.  I am writing my song in Pattern mode in the key of EbMaj.  So far I have four Sections A - D with the following voices: 1)Power Standard Kit 2; 2)Mega Finger+Harmonic; 3)Full Concert Grand 4)Back In Itopia.

What I want to do is play Sections A - D in their entirety then go back to Section B and have it play immediately after Section D. However, THIS TIME I want Section B to play back a half-step (or whole step, I haven’t decided) HIGHER - that is, employing modulation.  This is so the melody isn’t too stagnant as the sections progress. 

How would I go about performing the above?  Do I have to copy Section B to a Section E and perform some other job to accomplish what I want?  If not, what steps would I take in Pattern Chain Record before I convert my pattern to Song Mode? 

Thanks in advance.

PS - Sorry all… I posted this in the wrong forum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 07:38 PM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

Rajaman,

You are right on! One way to do it is to copy your B section to section E and tranpose (via the job function) the tracks that you want to raise up a half or whole step (I will assume the drums will not be transposed). Try it out and see what happens!…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using other card instead of Smart Media?
Next Topic:

Motif Classic on USB with delay? ››