mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording into Sony Soundforge from the Motif using Midi…"

Posted on: March 14, 2009 @ 05:46 AM
jk9kio
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-14-2009

Hello,

I want to record into my P.C running Windows XP
Using Sony Soundforge as the recording program.

But i need to sync Soundforge up to my Motif so that when i start the recording from Soundforge, the motif Automatically starts playing (in Pattern Mode) and/or vice-versa ie: when i hit play on the Motif, Recording starts automatically in Soundforge.

I need them to be in sync so that i can record numerous loops, with all of them being the exact length, as is in the motif, so i dont have to open and edit the start and the end points of the wave file once recorded.

Many Thanks :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2009 @ 09:40 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

If soundforge can send out midi clock then you have no problem. Not sure if it can. Should have a sync setup or clock or midi option. Sound forge is pretty much audio so I don’t know, also it has a lot of loop tools and can create loops for acid. Having the exact length shouldn’t matter to a looping program, it will compensate. Just get it to sound good.

If it can send out midi clock then set utilities/midi/sync/ then choose midi sync.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2009 @ 06:11 AM
jk9kio
Total Posts:  2
Joined  03-14-2009

Thanks for a speedy reply Tacman7 :)

Problem with using the auto beat looping facilities on Soundforge or acid, is that they take the first beat, often needing manual correction or set-up for difficult loops, alot of my patterns on the motif dont feature any beats.
this is what i want to avoid by using a midi clock so that the recording starts precisely when i hit play from the motif, or play starts precisely from the motif when i hit record from the software.

Soundforge does transmit a midi clock, i have set up the sync in the motif, but still no luck :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 16, 2009 @ 10:06 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

If SF is sending midi clock to the right port the mo sequencer should start when you hit play/rec in SF if the mo is in the right mode.

You could try it the other way around, let the mo be the master and SF the slave…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Performance with Arpaggios or Patterns
Next Topic:

MO6 Bulk Transmit to SM/Voice Editor ››