mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "switch apr/pattern by footswitch?"

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 10:22 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

is it possible? I check the manual it’s only turn on/off.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 02:39 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

The MO does not support changing either arpeggios or pattern sections using a foot switch - that’s what the front panel buttons on the MO are for. You can change these by sending the appropriate system exclusive commands via MIDI, but that would require something much more sophisticated than a foot switch.

Sorry, :-(

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 05:57 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

that’s too bad… because that would be really useful if you were playing something live with 2 hands… it would be nice to be able to let a pattern loop and then be able to switch to the the next with a foot switch

is that something that the MO cannot do but the Motif can?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 09:31 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

There are midi footswitches available though…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 01:31 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006
Tacman7 - 13 March 2009 09:31 AM

There are midi footswitches available though…

If so, can you program MO with this switch?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-4Button-MIDI-Footswitch?sku=180290

How to send sysex to MO?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 06:30 PM
normanb
Total Posts:  103
Joined  12-29-2006

You cannot switch arps via footswitch (would be a great feature!) However Yamaha makes a footswitch unit (MFC10) that you can pretty easily program to select specific pattern sections, and also stop start the sequencer, even play notes. I found it awkward to use while seated though. There is more info on this site, search for MFC10 and look at pdf. You might also go to http://www.midisolutions.com and look at some of their footswitches.

I though footswitches and pattern changing were implemented well on the QY700, (it was a reason I got one) but it didn’t carry over to the MO8.

FYI, Alesis SR drum machines also implement footswitching well, you can select pattern A, pattern B, and/or fills by foot tapping. This was great for jamming along to the drums by yourself.

If you or anyone finds out more about changing patterns via footswitch, I’d like to hear about it. Norman

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 14, 2009 @ 09:58 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

You would need a footswitch that can send sysex, then you send it the sysex and it records it and sends it when you press the switch.

I know StudioConnections can change arps so if you ran that through midi ox and recorded it to get the sysex, maybe.

The manual doesn’t have this stuff. I’d like to know if there is a tech manual that lists all the sysex for the mo?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 15, 2009 @ 03:36 PM
normanb
Total Posts:  103
Joined  12-29-2006

Not sure if all sysex is available anywhere, but here is sysex for changing patterns:
F01 = Section A C01
F02 = Section B C02
F03 = Section C C03
etc.
From “Power Users Guide using Motif ES w/MFC10” (search on mfc10), which also has other sysex for selecting voices, sequencer transport, more…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Why Studio Manager?
Next Topic:

Performance with Arpaggios or Patterns ››