mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rack and Pro Tools. Help is appreciated."

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 04:43 AM
tware
Total Posts:  6
Joined  08-13-2008

Hello.

I have a question about my ES rack and pro tools.

I have my keyboard midi out to midi in on the rack.
Pro Tools Mbox midi out to thru on the rack.

I’ve laid down my midi on an instrument track, how do I get pro tools to play and record the midi into an audio track using whatever patch I want.???

Tell me if my connection is wrong, whatever I’m doing let me know how to fix it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 09:34 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Noticed you double-posted this.  You might want to delete your duplicate post.

Anyway, your connections ARE wrong, but that has little to do with the mechanics of what you’re trying to do.

The THRU port on a midi box is an OUTPUT, not an INPUT.  The THRU port outputs everything that is received on the INPUT so that you can “Daisy-Chain” MIDI devices.

I would suggest you connect the rack via USB anyway.  So, you’ll have the MIDI portion handled via USB.  You’ll also need to connect the MASTER AUDIO OUTs to a stereo AUDIO IN on the MBOX.

Set up an AUDIO track in Protools, with the SOURCE being your Audio Interface on the MBOX.  Arm that track for recording. 

PLAY your Track (make sure the MIDI tracks are not MUTED).  If all goes well, rewind, and RECORD.  You’ll now have an AUDIO track.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2009 @ 11:19 AM
tware
Total Posts:  6
Joined  08-13-2008

TonyPhillips,

Much appreciated. I never considered midi before, so I never thought of the usb.
I used the thru off the cuff as a “false, last resort”

Thank you .

Out of respect for the forum I will delete dual posts.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ SFX in Pattern Mode (I know this has been covered before, sorry!)
Next Topic:

Pro Tools Help ››