mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to add rhythm to music"

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 06:00 PM
motif_123
Total Posts:  1
Joined  03-10-2009

Hi - I have a Motif ES6. I am pretty new to this instrument and I find it quite complicated, using the features available on this instrument. The manuals and video don’t seem to help me a bit. Basically, I am trying to add rhythm as a background to the song I play in the piano mode ... ie. I want to add the beats of guitar or tabla on to the song I play ... how can I do this? Are there any pre-recorded patterns stored in the instrument? If yes, how do I use it? Or do I have to create my own pattern? If yes, how do I do it?

Any help would be much appreciated. It would be really helpful if you can make the explanation very basic so that my 9 yr old son can also understand. Please help !!

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 05:04 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

You should go to Pattern mode and select [F4] Patch where you could choose Phrase from the large list of predefined phrases (rhythms). Good thing is when you select some rhythm a proper Drum Kit is selected also. This is very good if you want to quickly play backing drums along with playing piano or keys.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES6 Low Volume!!
Next Topic:

ES7 USB problem ››