mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Eurotrance Mix"

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 09:24 AM
Yamaholic
Total Posts:  302
Joined  02-08-2009

Hi Everybody
When I downloaded a rough mix of the first song I did on the XS didn’t give any details of the track so it caused some confusion and debate as to the provenance of the vocal parts. To explain, I purchased a vocal sample library which contains several song construction kits which provides you with professionally recorded sections of songs in the trance/techno style. The track “Never Ever” was a chance for me to get to know the OS of the XS on the hoof so the structure was fairly basic. This time I have taken the song “Stand Up For Love” by M A S deVries as the basis of a eurotrance type track in the style of Cascada with a proper structure and more considered Mixing. Enjoy!

File Attachments
Stand Up For Love.mp3  (File Size: 4142KB - Downloads: 796)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 10:58 AM
aneider
Total Posts:  218
Joined  01-17-2003

Sorry,
but I don´t know what to do with this kind of song. It´s like a hotline on the telephone: you think you are talking to a human, but it´s only an automat. The arrangement, the mix, everything is perfect, but a little bit too perfect in my ears ...
But that is just my personal opinion, nothing more ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 12:15 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

aneider - man, you’re just not feeling the voice samples are you? :)

I think I can hear what you mean. The vocals are just the tiniest bit robotic at times, but without a real singer (which I’m sure we don’t all have lying around) that’s hard to work around. In this case, I think it has more to do with the actual source material too, and not the way that the vocals are mixed into the song.

Anyway, I like it. I wouldn’t be surprised if I heard a song like this on a dance radio station.

and as always, here are my unsolicited suggestions :)

Overall, the song feels a little light and fluffy. That’s fine, but I would like to hear a little edge mixed in there somewhere. you know, a little saw toothed edge on the bass or something like that. not all the way through necessarily, just here and there. the “instrumental” portion (2:33-3:28) is a little flat to me. Musically fine, but I think it just needs more of a crescendo feel, more buildup, variation in volume. You know? Another thing that might be cool in that part would be some cutoff frequency sweeps… I don’t know what the real name is for that but you hear it in electronic dance music all the time. Where everything goes from a muted sound to clear. You know? Finally, I would like to hear the music a little louder in the mix.

Or you could leave it all as is and I still think it’s great. Good job!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 03:43 PM
marky_markuk ( Maxxuk )
Total Posts:  327
Joined  05-31-2007

LOVIN’ your work.

As Jmaths said, maybe a touch on the fluffy / woolly side, just needs something with a little bite behind it. But overall I’m really impressed.

Keep up the good work....

I’m gonna have to get me some vocal samples, I’d love to play with this kind of stuff....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 07:42 PM
Yamaholic
Total Posts:  302
Joined  02-08-2009

Thanks for your nice comments guys. I totally agree with the “Fluffy” description and the lack of oomph. No excuses but I must claim that as a newbie a lot of the hidden programming depths are still unknown to me. Also the lack of oomph could be due to the fact I haven’t used the mastering effects yet. They sound a bit brash but I haven’t worked out how to modify them yet so I just switched them off. I have also just finished some years working with Tyros based arranger keyboards where everything was very clearly presented.
Having listened to some of the very imaginative and evocative tracks that are on MO Songs I know there’s a lot more that I will be able to do on the XS so keep listening!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2009 @ 12:27 AM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

with your music you can mke a girl singer jump to the top of charts, this is great dance music buddy ...

keep ‘em coming LOL

just little recommendations. Add tiny bit of reverb to the vocals, they feel some what dry. In dance songs the vocals have echos, pan effects and may be some voocoder as well. you can add all that in XS.

in the old motifator i also posted afew songs with vocal samples, two with my own LOL

thanks nad more more more :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Upbeat background music
Next Topic:

Ronald Jenkees ››