mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "speakers for an XS"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 07:29 AM
JohnBee
Total Posts:  134
Joined  06-14-2008
Matt_28 - 11 March 2009 03:32 AM

The subwoofer goes down to 30 Hz. That is an improvement certainly, but perhaps not that big one. After listening to the speakers, I decided to go without the subwoofer. I may buy one later, however, but it’s a lot of money for a rather subtle effect.

I agree totally agree!

I guess it really comes down to where we want to be in the sound spectrum. In my own case it was down to acoustic piano and orchestral sounds. Which both leaned heavily on lower frequencies.

However just as you mentioned… the HS80’s are no slouches either. But… it isn’t until I added the sub(to test) that I truly saw(or heard) what was missing. It amounted to a significant change in both the sound stage and presence of the mix.

Whatever the case… they(HS80’s) can do a fine job on there own.
But if you can… I highly recommend you try a HS10W before calling it. You may be surprised at the impact it will have on your setup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 08:42 AM
Matt_28
Total Posts:  109
Joined  02-21-2009
JohnBee - 11 March 2009 07:29 AM

(...)
But… it isn’t until I added the sub(to test) that I truly saw(or heard) what was missing. It amounted to a significant change in both the sound stage and presence of the mix.
(...)

OK I guess I should re-test the HS10W soon – although there is a significant chance that I’ll immediately buy it… :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 01:25 PM
spike88
Total Posts:  154
Joined  06-24-2008

I use a pair of Behringer B2031A active monitors for my musicroom and a Carlsbro 500W power amp/Minimix and 2 x 250W Carlsbro 12” speaker cabinets on poles for gig work. The 2031s have outputs of up to 150W - more than adequate to annoy the neighbours (and the nearest one is 300yds away)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2