mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Note Length in Song Mode"

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 10:14 AM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

I have been looking through the owners manual of the Motif XS6, and I am trying to find out how I change the note length in song mode?  I know how to/where to change what measure/beat/clock the note starts, but what fields represent the duration.

Let me further illustrate with an example:

I have a piece I am working on that has a pattern with 4 different sections (A-D).  I have some melody in each of them, and I also have a low string section note (let’s say C1).  In each pattern section (let’s say each pattern section is 4 measures)I hold down the C1 string section note for the whole measure.  After I put together a pattern chain and convert it to a song, how do I make the note play through all 16 measures (as opposed to it re-keying every 4 beats)?  I want a continous C1 note for all 16 measures.

I know there is an easy way to do it.

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 01:33 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

From SONG mode
Press [EDIT] - This will take you to the EVENT LIST for your track data. You can select the track you want to edit by pressing the associated button [1]-[16]

On the screen the duration of a note is expressed in the column called “GATE”. Gate is a word used in audio to denote something being ‘ON’ or ‘OPEN’… When the GATE is OPEN the sound is heard. So GATE = note duration.

It is expressed as follows: xxx:yyy
Where the ‘xxx’ is the number of beats and ‘yyy’ is the number of clock pulses.

The Motif XS sequencer divides each beat into four hundred eighty clock pulses numbered: 000 through 479

So you would make the C1 note (assuming you are in 4/4 time) last a GATE time of 064:000 this would 16 x 4 beats.

Because a real musician would prepare to hit the next note a slight amount of time before the next beat… 063:450 is going to sound more natural.

001:1:000 ____ Note C1 ___ 063:450 ____ zzz

where ‘zzz’ is your Velocity (which controls how loud)

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 02:31 PM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

Great!!!!

Thanks!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Is it possible
Next Topic: