mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Clipping"

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 08:00 PM
hdreamer
Total Posts:  221
Joined  12-30-2007

When I record each audio track everything is ok, its in normal range. But, when it starts to play every audio track (all together), RED Clipping appears. Should I leave it that way or do I need to change something. If I put the volume down, the bass wont be heard which is something I dont want.

Any suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 09:05 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

That is normal and there are numerous ways to deal with it. Unfortunately though, there is no short answer to what I expect appears to you to be a ‘simple’ question. It suggests that the next thing you may wish to explore is the mixing and mastering process. Those are very wide ranging subjects, and simple answers such as slap on a compressor or reduce the level of the faders for example, are simply misleading. Unfortunately, we can’t really give recording courses here either or cover something so broad, so I encourage you start reading, studying and learning in which ever way you choose, and you will quickly see why we can’t give you a simple answer. :)

But if you do have any specific questions about any part of the mixing or mastering process though, you’ll find that folks here will be more than pleased to try and help. Some suggestion are to download the free mastering guides at the Izotope Ozone web site, or pick up a copy of Bob Katz’s book (Mastering Audio...the art and the science), subscribe to magazines like Sound on Sound or take a ‘recording’ course at a local college. There are on-line companies that can provide mixing and mastering courses as well. Hope that helps a little. Cheerio.....frank

[ Ignore ]