mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "When The Saints Really Go Marching In"

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 12:48 AM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009

I posted this song originally in the Motif XS section then realized that I probably should have put it here in the MO Songs area. Still not sure if this is the correct way to upload a song.  I can’tseem find an “Upload Songs” button anywhere on this page so I hope the song does post.  I did find the “Attach” button at the bottom and that is what I used.

Anyway, would like some feedback on this test song I did.  Nothing fancy, just wanted to take my MO XS out for a test drive to see what she is capable of.  I have been away from the music scene for about 20 years (the last keyboard I owned was a new DX 7 in 85).  I’m new to this DAW and software based world, so I’m trying to feel my way through it and to be creative at the same time.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

File Attachments
- When The Saints Really Go Marching In.mp3  (File Size: 3855KB - Downloads: 833)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 12:25 AM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

Sounds like you had fun on that one. Now I’m ready for church. LOL!…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 02:13 AM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

Different and catchy version of this song.

i like it and yes this is the right place to post songs.

thanks for sharing

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 04:57 PM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

I heard this song this morning, man this is great.
Welcome to MoSongs, and pleae do post more great music such as this.

Thanks for sharing your work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 08:01 PM
LovemyMotif
Total Posts:  505
Joined  02-17-2009

Thanks all for your comments regarding my first post.  Looking forward to uploading my next project.

TBone asked me how I created the drum solo on this song.  Here are the steps I took.  I am sure there is probably and easier way to do this but since I am just really getting past turning the machine on (LOL) this works for me at the moment. 

TBone, regarding how I put together the Drum solo on this song, I did the following.  Since I am so new to the DAW world, I usually create all of my rhythm tracks (drums, bass, keyboard and guitar) in pattern mode so that I have a foundation to work from.  I then chain the patterns together and I then finally convert the chain patterns to a song.

In the case of the Drum solo, let’s say it is “Section E” that you want to use.

STEP 1—I set it up for 16 measures with a Drum Kit I liked selected.

STEP 2—I then disengaged (turned off) the “Keyboard Start” for the moment so that I could audition the drum rolls I wanted.

STEP 3—I then hit record and which brought up the “Pattern Recording Screen/Scene”. 

STEP 4—Next I hit “Arpeggio Scene” located right next to the “Setup Screen/Scene”.

STEP 5—From what I have learned in my short time of owning this rig, a least one of the five Arps is usually a drum roll.  What I did was replace the other four Arps (and sometimes all five) with a different roll so that I ended up with five distinct and different drum roll patterns.

STEP 6—I then went back to the “Setup screen/scene” and reengaged the “Keyboard Start” to “On”.

STEP 7—I reselected the Apperigo screen/scene so that I could see all five Arps.

STEP 8—Lastly, I selected which drum roll pattern I wanted to be used for the first Measure #1 and started recording by pressing any note.  I then just kept “Randomly” selecting one of the five Arps until I had filled up all 16 Measures.

I hope this explanation was not to confusing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 09, 2009 @ 04:40 PM
jbirdsreturn
Total Posts:  213
Joined  03-22-2004

You killed that arrangement.  At first, I didn’t think I could possibly get into any arrangement of “Saints Go Marching In” but this is on point.  Awesome job.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Beats
Next Topic:

The Spirit of the Radio ››