mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Saving Patterns, Songs, and Mix"

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 09:12 PM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

OK, here is a music creation scenerio.

Let’s say we are working on a musical piece called “Restful Place”, a New Age type piece.

I start off by working in pattern mode, and I create some cool sections (let’s say sections A-D).  I have named the pattern “Restful Place”.  After spending quite a bit of time, I hit the “store” button which in essence saves the pattern, sections, and mix. 

I then later on chain my pattern sections together and I come up with something that sounds pretty cool.  I then hit the “store” button and I should assume that it will save my pattern, pattern sections, pattern chain, and mix that is all part of my “Restful Place piece?

Now I ocme to the point where I want to take my chained pattern sections and put them to a song.  Once I come up with the song I would then do a “Store” which will save the song?

Now comes the other quetion.  When I decide to save my patterns, pattern sections chain, mix, and song of “Resful Place”. what kind of save do I do to my USB memory stick?  I want to make sure I save everything I did that led to the creation of te song “Restful Place” (Patterns, sections, Chain, mix, sond tweaks, song, etc)

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 10:18 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Press [FILE]
Set the TYPE = ALL
Press [SF1] SAVE
Give the File a NAME (remember it will have more than just your Pattern and Song, it will include all the data in the Motif XS… just so you you name it something that makes sense, like “My Original Music”

Once you have a name entered, press [ENTER] to Save the file.
This will create an ALL data file called “My Original Music.X0A”

Later from this file you can load:
All the data - File Type = ALL
Any individual Song - File Type = SONG
Any individual Pattern - File Type = PATTERN
Any individual Voice - File Type = VOICE
Any individual Performance - File Type = PERFORMANCE

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2009 @ 10:42 PM
w7ptt
Total Posts:  156
Joined  02-16-2009

So is it always best to do a All file save?

Obviously in the future I will have several more songs, patterns, pattern chains, mixes, etc.  Let’s say after I am totally done with the song “Restful Place”, I come up with several more (patterns, pattern chains, songs, mixes etc), would I take the same approach (since different songs might have different voice modificatons, mixes, etc).

Bill :)

[ Ignore ]